Help Me Out | Carl

(A/N - I actually wrote this before I published the other ones so bare with me while I show you this.😂)

Your POV

Do ever feel so broken, it hurts?
Do you cry yourself to sleep because you're alone?
Or even cried so hard, you couldn't take it any longer?

Well... I have.

-

The war at the prison completely, destroyed my group.

I still remember the loud gunshots filling the atmosphere that was full of smoke.

The groans from the hungry walkers that were about to over run the place.

The screams from the horrible, pain from every gunshot that was fired through your delicate skin.

I now sleep by the cold, rusty, railroad track. I would wake up in the middle of every night. My body would be covered in sweat. The salty, tears would stream down my face. I'd curl up in a ball. My knees tucked in,close to my chest. I'd cry my eyes out until I fell back to sleep.

I couldn't do this anymore. Even though I've been on my own before, I needed my group.

They're everything to me

What hurts the most is I never got to say goodbye to everyone. I never got to tell Rick, thank you for everything. Or tell Carl that I'm sorry for not being the best girlfriend.

I just wanted to tell everyone...I'm sorry

---

A few days ago I found a map to a sanctuary, called Terminus. I figured that maybe the group could've come across the place somehow. I knew they would've at least checked it out for any supplies.

I walked and walked for hours. The bottom of my black combat boots scuffed against the railroad track. My whole outfit had tears in it. The blood, sweat, and dirt covered it.  I signed to myself as I continued to walk.

I finally stopped at a nearby tree. I grabbed my dagger and starting carving. I carved my initials. It'll help me track my way back, just in case if anything happens. I put my dagger back into the waistband of my belt.

After that, I grabbed my backpack. My stomache was growling, so I had to eat something sooner or later.

I zipped the bag open and pulled everything out. Eventually, I found a can of ravioli. I popped the lid off and started eating next to the tree.

Of course I ate it uncooked. Each bite was savoring. It's definitely something I wouldn't eat back then. But things have changed now.

I finished my meal and packed up my bad. Then I continued to walk. I just kept walking and walking. No emotion on my blank face. There was so much on my mind, yet it was so empty at the same time.

My feet burned with every rough step I took. My shoes were regular black combat boots, but the weren't comfortable at all.

I look ahead of me. I squint my eyes and I could see it.

Finally, I could see Terminus in the distance. A sign of relief makes its way to my face. I speed up my walking.

In the corner of my eye I can see something moving. Quickly, I grab my dagger, keeping a strong grip onto it, making my knuckles turn a pale white color. I take a deep breath to calm myself. Each step makes my heart beat faster by the second. I could tell I was already sweating.

I pull each branch out of the way. Once I come close to the fence, I see her. The familiar face I thought I would never see again.

---