Confessions of an Undercover Lover | Carl

(A/N- This was requested by @queenmimi96 )

---

I stared blankly at the white ceiling. My body rested on the floral quilt that covered the mattress. My head laid on the soft, cotton pillow.

I kept asking myself the same question over and over again.

Should I tell Carl?

My body would always flinch at the thought. Carl and I have been friends since the start. We found each other in the forest. Carl was nice enough to take me in.

Ever since I saw him, I had the biggest crush on him. It wasn't like any of the other crushes I had. This was different. I had massive feelings for him.

But the difference between us would always get the best out of me.

You see, I wasn't what I wanted to be. I was a girl with dark brown, tangled hair. The pure brown color in my eyes already faded away. My slim body was covered in all the scars I've received while fighting this battle. This was me. The 20 year old girl named, Sharon.

But Carl on the other hand, was way different than me. His long brown hair suited him. The soft blue color in his eyes convinced people to get what he wanted. The worn out, sheriff hat that rested on his head had been through more crap then most people. He was the amazing 16 year old that would be turning 17 soon.

I closed my eyes at the thought. The age difference was probably the biggest issue. I slowly sat myself up. I looked around my room, thinking about what to do. I decided to visit Enid.

I walked out of my room. Then went down the stairs until I made my way to the front door to leave.

I twisted the knob of the wooden door to shut it behind me. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes, as I prepared for the madness.

---

"I seriously don't know what's wrong with me!" I stated as I begin to rant to Enid while pacing back and fourth.

"You're not crazy Sharon." Enid said calmly. I sloppily, sat myself on the grass next to her

I turned to face Enid.

"I need your advice. You've been in a good relationship before. How should I handle this?" I asked her.

"Well, based off of my experience, just be straight forward about it." Enid replied.

"ENID!" I said.

"What?" She said confused.

"I can't tell him how I feel straight forward. I would make a fool out of myself. I don't even know if Carl is even interested in me." I said as I ran my hands through my hair .

"Look, I know you're frustrated. But I know you'll get through it Sharon. You're the strongest person I know. I'm going to make sure that you're happy." Enid said.

She put her hand on my shoulder for comfort. I knew she saw the tear the managed to stream down my face in the process. This was something important to me. I cared a lot about him. I didn't want to screw up.

"Come here" Enid said softly. She extended her arms out. I wrapped my arms around her body as I squeezed her tight.

The increasing sound of footsteps made me look in the direction it was coming from.