Beat, Broken & Winners

“Hello Brodie” my voice being shallow.

 “Hey Baby” He leaned in and tried to kiss me. But I slapped him in the face. 

“You are not kissing me after last night. I didn’t even drink that much so I have no clue how that happened.” He grabbed me by the arm and began to twist it until I screamed. It wasn’t broken it just really hurt.

 “You said you wanted me. You were drugged. How can you even remember it.” I grabbed my phone and showed him the recording. I don’t know who was filming.

 “You drugged me. Why? Why would you do that? Is it because I don’t like to get dirty? Because I am only 16, you know that. You stole something from me, something that I will never get back. I could report you.”

 “ But you won’t because you have not proof. You love Jade and your mom too.” He said I punched him in the stomach causing my arm to throb even more. I was in tears now and then kicked him in the balls causing him to drop my phone on the concrete causing it to smash into a billion pieces before I slammed the door and locking it behind him.  My arm hurt so much. What could have possibly caused that much pain to my arm from one punch? But then I remembered. Him becoming a police officer means he has to practice wearing the bullet proof vests he was telling me about it over dinner yesterday. He must have been wearing it underneath his coat.

 I grabbed some more aspirin and some ice and placed it on my arm. I grabbed the home phone and called mom.

 “Hey mamma”

 “Hey munchkin. What’s wrong you sound sad?”

 “Brodie and I had a fight. Then I fell and I think I may have broken my arm. He didn’t hurt me. But it is sitting at an awkward angle and is really sore.” I muffled not being able to tell her the truth. Even if he hadn’t of threatened me I couldn’t tell her or anyone I lost my innocence.

 “Oh sweetheart. My boss just said I could have the afternoon off. I will call Dr. Henry and schedule an emergency appointment. Okay. I will be home in half an hour. Love you” she hung up. I quickly attempted to get changed into this and then quickly threw my hair up in a messy bun. I sat down to watch the last Peppa Pig episode before mum got home.

 Twenty minutes later*

 “Oh munchkin.” I looked up to see mom staring at my right arm. She quickly grabbed her handbag and we were off.

 “Can you please tell me what happened?” she asked.

 “Well last night we went to a club and one of his mates drugged me. Not bad drugs but enough to make me not remember the night before. I couldn’t remember this. But I explained to him I couldn’t remember anything and he explained one of his mates drugged me. I started yelling at him because he didn’t stop his mate the whole time. Then he leant in to kiss me but I pulled away not wanting to then I said ‘We’re Done’. He pushed me lightly and I slipped. I put my right arm out to protect me then I heard a snap and dropped my phone causing it to smash into pieces. He left then angrily.” I explained. I had thought of that while I was waiting for mum to get home.