Prolouge

Ariana's P.O.V
Lunch time is the best time of the day! My old friends, Ella and Violet, haven't caused me any bother so far today and I haven't even bothered trying to talk to them so they don't get the chance to be rude or hurtful... They've made my life a misery since year 2 and year 6 is tough enough without them..
I gaze at my guardian angel from my book bag where I'm getting my packed lunch, and wonder how I got so lucky as to have such a kind, caring best friend...
Zoe saved me from a child hood of sitting by myself and being tearful all the time when we met last year, I'll never be able to thank her enough.
"Lol we're bingo buddies, mango!" She calls at me, 'mango' is her nickname for me and her nickname is pineapple because mangos and pineapples go so well together.
We both won the fun bingo games today, which is something that neither of us normally get lucky enough to do. I giggle at her and repeat her joke, "we're bingo buddies, pineapple"
She smiles her white smile and runs her fingers through her shoulder-length White-blonde hair. She's so pretty - I don't know why she sticks with me.
I'm not slim and I'm not very pretty. My hair is golden blonde and wavy rather than silky and straight...
As we stroll along to the lunch hall, Brad, my major crush, walks by and smiles at me, making Zoe snigger and me react by playfully hitting her arm.
I smile back at him and think about the rumours he might try to ask me out! I mean, I'm 11 now.. That's ok right? Eeek!

We sit down together, and tuck into our sandwiches. I notice the way my stomach folds when I sit down and decide I should offer Zoe my crisps, which she takes happily. That's what best friends are for, trying harder to eat your lunch than their own - it's an inside joke...

That's when I hear sniggers from the other side of the table.. Ella and Violet. I guess I was speaking too soon when I said they hadn't bothered me today.
They stare at me pointedly and then turn to each other whispering and giggling.. Wow. I feel my heart grow heavy and suddenly I'm not so hungry anymore.
"OMG!" I hear them giggle, and then they whisper something to Brad just loud enough for me to hear.."She's gross, and she told Jenny she's ugly! How horrible!" they lie. How could they say that?! I'd never do that!
Anger boils inside me and suddenly I see a carton of orange juice get thrown at them, going all over them! Oh wait.. That was me.
Zoe and Brad gasp and then both turn to me and burst out laughing. "That will teach you two to get over yourselves and stop lying!" Calls Zoe as we both jog out the lunch hall. They finally got what they deserved, well.. After all those tears and pain they caused, they probably deserve more but it doesn't matter.
That was so worth whatever trouble we get into!