Un || t h e n

When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start.

-When Harry Met Sally.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Princess Marcella? We are here." A young sailor boy spoke, leaving Marcella to snap out of her dazed trance. Marcella simply gave the young boy a nod and went back to putting her stuff into the luggage. The sailor boy gave Marcella a smile, hoping to catch her attention. But at last, Marcella was mute, only ever speaking to her younger brother, Louis. Marcella gave the boy a small smile and stepped aside to go out of her cabin on the ship. "Good to see you, Marcella." Louis mocked, only getting to see his sister during meal time on the month long journey to the new world. Marcella only shook her head and followed Louis onto a tug boat.

"Watch your step Princess." The young sailor boy from earlier warned her as she stepped on. "She may not speak, Charles, but she can take very much care of herself." Louis laughed with the boy. "My apologies." Charles smiled at Louis. Louis simply nodded and got ready to head to the main land. "Marcella please try to get to know people. Make friends with someone." Louis told her, knowing well that she wasn't very happy with talking to anyone. "Lou, you know me better than anyone else. I wish for you to know that is too much to ask of me." Marcella answered looking down at the passing water. Louis sighed and looked back out and over the seas.

"I know why Mother and Father sent me here." Marcella said, not looking up and Louis. "Why is that?" Louis asked. "To be free of the wrong doings I have made." Marcella sighed. "Marcella, what Arthur did to himself was none of your doing." Louis scold, already knowing where the conversation was going. "I was the last person to talk to him, Louis. I could've stopped him if I knew-" Louis cut her off. "No one knew what he planned on doing, Marcella. We couldn't know what he was thinking." The princess only looked down, not believing the lies everyone has told her. "We are here your majesties." "No more talk about it Marcella. I expect you to be yourself." Louis scold once again. Of course he was Marcella's twin, having the chance to know just how bad she felt.

Marcella didn't even bother to answer back, only walked away and onto the carriage that would take them to the village they would be staying at.

*

"Welcome Princess Marcella and Prince Louis to our humble land. Please, my land is now yours." The man in charge introduced the royals. All of the villagers stopped to watch as the two royals walked about, scanning the area. "Come on Henrik, our brothers are fighting again." Marcella turned her head and watched as a blonde girl and little boy ran up to two men having a duel. Quickly pulling on Louis's arm, she pointed her arm in the direction of the battle. "Come." Marcella told him and walked up to the two dueling men.

"Oh look, sister's arrived." The man with black hair said, smiling at the blonde girl. "On the contrary, 'Lijah," The began to swing swords, clashing with the other, Marcella watching their every move. The blonde man slashes the black hair man's belt, causing it to fall. "They've come to laugh at you." The blonde man laughs. Marcella cracks a smile and watches as Louis laughs with the two men. The blonde man catches Marcella's eyes and does a small bow.

They all stop laughing causing Marcella to frown her eyebrows. Just than a blonde haired man walks up to the men with swords and take the black haired weapon. They all stare and watch as the man turns to the blonde man that was fighting. "So?" the man begins. "Why don't you teach me that trick, young warrior." He than swings his sword, causing the blonde man to quickly act and shield himself. "Father, we were just having fun." The blonde man begins. So they are family, Marcella says to herself.

"We fight for our survival. And you find time for fun!" The older man shouts. "I want to have fun! Teach me! Come on." Louis quickly placed an arm in front of Marcella keeping her from intervening. "Father it was nothing." The older man swings again, making Marcella itch to stop him from hurting the blonde man. But Louis holds her back. Elijah watches his father and sibling fight only briefly catching how Marcella was reacting.

The older man makes the blonde loose his sword and trips him to the ground with a grunt. He than makes a move to stick the sword through the younger man's throat, only stopping a little ways down. Marcella gasps not expecting him to stop. "You are foolish and impulsive, my boy." He warns. "What!? No more laughter!" He shouts. "You've made your point Mikael." A woman off to the side says. Marcella's head snaps to her, glaring at the tone she used, clearly not caring what her husband was doing to their child.

The older man quickly stabs the ground with the sword, making everyone flinch. "Some days, it's a miracle you're alive. Boy" The older man got up and left the younger one on the ground. "Please, excuse him your Majesties." Esther told the two royals. Marcella gave her a cold look, than walked off to help the man on the floor.

"Are you alright?" Marcella whispered, kneeling next to the man. "It is nothing I am not used to your Majesty." He got up and dusted himself. Marcella only sighed and looked at him. "Forgive me. My name is Niklaus. It is a pleasure to be in your presence, Princess." Niklaus said, kneeling. Marcella gave him a smile. "My name," She paused for a moment. "Is Marcella." Niklaus smiled at her, taking her hand. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Marcella." He whispered and kissed her hand.