Douze | n o w

Better to have Love and Lost, than to have never Loved at all.

-Thoreau

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Athena?" Snapping out of her induced trance to a painting she had been looking at, she turned to see Niklaus at her door. Oddly enough, he has been spending more and more time in her art studio, occasionally drawing and painting in the room as well. "Yes, Niklaus?" Klaus shivered at the way her voice made him feel but quickly shook it off and briskly walked over to her. "I am having a guest over so do not be alarmed." Athena nodded and curiosity sprang up in her. "Who? If I may ask."

"Of course. It is Camille." Athena's shoulders visibly slumped and jealousy flared in her body. "Oh." She said and looked away from Klaus, doing her best to cover the disappointment. But Klaus knew better. "Now. Now, Love. The jealousy in your eyes does not suit you." He said with a sly grin and pulled Athena to him to kiss her forehead. Athena's eyes fluttered as she sighed with content at the affection he showed her. Klaus smiled at the sound and held her closer. "I just need to speak with her about the things we have going on. It won't be long." Klaus added and pulled away from her, much to Athena's reluctant. Klaus gave her a smile and turned to leave.

"Also," Klaus said and turned back around at the door. "You look lovely today." He said with a smile and turned to leave. Athena's smile widened and she turned back to her painting. Rebekah had told Klaus the real reason Athena had disappeared that night at Marcel's party. He came to the realization he was too caught up in aweing at her beauty than actually telling her. Ever since than he never forgot to. As well as every time he said it, he got a reaction that gave Klaus nostalgia. The smile that printed itself on Athena's face was the same one Marcella gave him every time he gave her compliments. And he loved every minute of it.

*

"Stay out here. I'll be back." Klaus said and entered Rousseau's. Athena had went out into town with Klaus, Louis, and Rebekah seeing as she didn't want to be the only one at home due to Hayley being with Agnes. Rebekah had gone out somewhere with Louis. So that had left Athena to go out on her own or stay with Klaus, and she clearly chose the ladder. After a couple of minutes later, Klaus walked out and looked at Athena, seemingly starting to giggle.

"What?" Athena asked. "Nothing, Love." Klaus said and swung an arm around her. He decided to keep his mouth shut about what Camille had said about him being a hot dude with a nice accent, knowing jealousy would easily over power Athena. Than again, he gets jealous at just a man looking at Athena. "I'll meet up with you and the guys later. I'll go and take a look around the quarter." Athena said and separated from Niklaus. Klaus nodded and gave her a kiss on her temple and sent her off.

A couple of minutes of just aimlessly walking around, the sky had seemed to darken a bit but she was still able to notice that Marcel had been talking to a group of his vampires. "I don't want any trouble. Which means no witches. Send word out through the cauldron. Any witches coming through here, we kill them. And while we're at it, no originals. I don't like how Rebekah has been snooping around." Athena had decided to interrupt Marcel. "So I'm assuming a special witch/vampire hybrid won't be aloud as well?" Athena asked. All of Marcel's vampires were fixing to escort her out of the quarter till Marcel stopped them. "No one hurts Ms. Camelot." Marcel sneered. It had seemed that even after all this time, his vampires still never understood a simple order.

Marcel turned to Athena who looked at him innocently, child like just like Marcel remember her face to be. "you're speaking to me again." Marcel said and looked down at Athena. "Yes well seeing as you have something special in your position, I would very much like to talk to you about it's well being." Athena said, making Marcel sigh. he turned back to his vampires and finished off what he was saying. All Athena cared about was how 'his Cami' was going to be at the festival with a friend of hers. Marcel dismissed his day walkers and turned back to Athena. "Athena, I already told Niklaus I would give him back Eli-"