Chapter 2

And now we meet the one that you have all been waiting for... 😂😂 Dah duh da!!!

VOTE & COMMENT

Quick note: We are #362 in historical fiction which is amazing! I am so excited. This book has only been up a week and a bit so please help me get higher! I love you all so much! Thank you. xxx

***

The wind pushed my hair back so that it flowed behind me as I stood at the front of the boat.

It felt like ages since I had left my beautiful home and I was scared.

...but it felt good. I was also excited.

I could make this work.

A young male slave scurried towards me.

"Yes?" I asked impatiently as my foot tapped the surface of the floor and my gaze carried across the Nile. What a beautiful sight.

"We will reach the shore in about twenty minutes, my princess," the slave replied, nervously fidgeting with his fingers, looking down.

Damn it, I thought. I had wanted to turn up and wow the people of Egypt in my armour, make them know that I wouldn't just stand down, but I knew the wedding would take place as soon as we landed.

So, I had to put on the extravagant dress that was full of beautiful details but that would equally bound me to the dark Pharaoh.

Ignoring the slave, I hurriedly made my way to my chamber on the boat, my feet tapping against the floor as I went.

"Kiya!" I called my personal maid as I rushed inside.

The tall Egyptian slave rushed to my side, her hair flowing behind her.

"Yes, my princess?"

"Fetch me a bath and bring the dress, please," I smiled at her, making sure she knew I was thankful for all the hard work she did for me.

I watched Kiya's back as she hurried off and sat down upon the large bed in the middle of the room.

My thoughts drifted as I wondered what Ramses would look like. I had heard he was very handsome. I hoped he wasn't some ugly old man.

"My princess?" Kiya asked, reappearing beside me, making me jump.

Kiya gently grasped my arm and assisted me to the warmth of the bath tub after I unrobed.

The hot water was soothing against my skin as I submerged myself and more maids appeared, rattling bottles.

They were probably spies Ramses sent to make sure I was clean for the wedding.

Kiya's hands rubbed my scalp gently, as she washed.

"My princess, we are done," she said as she helped me out of the tub and my skin met the cool air.

"Thank you."

I stood still as she pulled out the beautiful white linen dress and lots of beautiful gold jewellery.

In Egypt there was no such thing as a proper marriage ceremony as some countries had. Here we simply moved our belongings into our husbands home and gave ourselves, then we would be married. That was why I had had to bring my belongings with me on the long journey.

I knew that when we got there, they would join our hands and play music to celebrate our marriage. There would be dancers too.

I was scared but told myself not to worry.