Chapter 6

Hello everyone! So I know I haven't updated for a long time, I have had so much work... I hope you can all forgive me. But OMG guys! Thank you all so much for the support and lovely comments you have all given me to give me the motivation I truly needed. It truly made my day!

Guess what!!! We are now #103 in historical fiction! You have no idea how happy I am that we are slowly climbing the ranks. Please VOTE and COMMENT!! It really does make me so happy!

The heavy sword came clashing down upon mine with a crash and I struggled to control the force.

Ramses laughed, a malicious glint in his eyes at my struggling.

"You think you can be a man in a man's world? You're so damn wrong," he smiled.

My legs strained as I pushed back and forced his words out of my head. This was my chance to prove to him that I was just as strong.

"It's all on you, if you don't have a clue... I can tell you what to do," I winked at him, not letting his words penetrate my mind.

His scowl made me laugh internally.

Then he pulled away.

I quickly attacked but his sword came up and pushed mine away, twisting quickly so that my wrist dropped my sword.

I had dumbly fallen for the oldest trick in the book.

I looked down in shock as it clanked onto the ground. No one had ever been able to do that before. I usually won every single sword fight I attempted.

"Don't test me," his sharp glare attacked my conscience dramatically as he turned his broad back on me.

My heart pumped faster and faster, like each beat was pummelling against my chest, ready to explode right out.  My head told me no but my heart told me yes. It was now or never. Time to prove myself.

Taking the opportunity, I took a deep breath and jumped.

We both fell to the ground and before I could even ready myself Ramses rolled on top of me angrily, I didn't dare to look into his eyes but instead flipped us over.

I landed a punch straight to his jaw but he ducked in time and growled ferociously, almost giving me a heart attack.

His strong arm reached over and pinned me down on the floor panting. "You have proven yourself strong and courageous but also... Defiant," his sharp eyes settled on mine. "That is not a good thing."

I scoffed, annoyed, making Ramses glare deepen.

"I always get what I want."

My body shuffled angrily, annoyed that I didn't possess the strength to beat him, "and what do you want?"

His eyes gleamed. "I want a strong partner that can equal me in battle, intelligence and beauty. I want strong heirs and you have all the above but you are too disobedient."

My shoulders tensed in annoyance, I had one task to complete. I needed favour over his wives. It would be my one way out. Back home I had a title- warrior princess. I wanted it back, I wanted to be the only Warrior Queen. I wanted so desperately to run into battle by Ramses' side.

But deep down I knew that would never happen so why couldn't I go half way.

"I have had enough," I growled, climbing to my feet.

"I have given you strength and beauty, you are never satisfied. I have one last wager- intelligence. You say I am intelligent so if I can beat you at a game of Senet you must promise me your love. What else can I do?"

I had been born into this world. The world in which I fought for someone's love I didn't want. My future children needed to become monarchs, I couldn't leave my legacy behind in the dust. My one chance was through Ramses and I didn't care anymore if he thought I was desperate. I was done.

Flipping my long and sweaty hair over my shoulders, I watched as Ramses stood. "You want my love?" he stepped forwards, reaching a strong hand to my face, caressing my check.

My eyes studied him, suspicious as he looked into them softly. When he noticed my gaze, his eyes suddenly darkened and he dropped his hand.

"Very well, but you will not play me, you will play my wives. The one who wins will receive a day with me through Thebes, only then will you have the chance to win my favour, the rest is up to you."

***

I stared at my fist in fascination as it swelled. Perfect.

The repercussions of going against my husband and King.

Tonight I would embark upon my test and if I couldn't win then I would be absolutely nothing- the dirt he walked on.

My brain worked in overdrive as I thought carefully and slowly. Senet was a very skilled game, it would be difficult.

The maid slowly worked on my hand as a grin formed in my head- tonight would be a night full of shocks and surprises that Ramses would never forget.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT xxxx