GONE: Chapter 14

Andrew's POV

"I'll be back before you know it," she said with a smile.

'I love you' I thought. I opened my mouth to actually say it but decided this was not the right time. Right before breakfast. And what if she thought otherwise of me? What if I was just her friend?

"Bye," I said. I didn't like her going out by herself in the morning and at night. There are some creepy and bad factionless people out at those times that might want to hurt her or even worse. But she made it clear that she didn't want me to come with her and I didn't want to push her into letting me.

She walked out of my house. It's funny that I actually call it a house. It's more like a beat-up building that I spend most of my time in. When I found it I was running from a man who was chasing me and trying to steal my watch.

It was the day I got kicked out of Erudite. I was running and this building was dark so I ran in trying to hide. Well, it worked. I stayed in here for another day, not knowing where else to go and not wanting to run into that man again. Then, one day a girl came into the building and asked me what I was doing. I told her I wasn't doing anything. I was confused, and then I realized that this must be her home. I quickly told her I was sorry and that I would remove myself immediately. She also looked confused then said "Oh no, that's not what I meant. I meant why aren't you eating?" I asked her what she meant because I didn't realize that they actually fed the factionless. She explained to me that the Abnegation came for breakfast and dinner and fed us every day. Then she asked me who I was and said that she had never seen me around before, that I must have just arrived. I told her that my name was Andrew and that I came from Erudite and I just arrived yesterday. She told me her name was Natalie. She brought me outside and gave me a little tour, for there was little to show me. She showed me where the Abnegation came each day and gave me some of her food. She brought me to a woman. She told me it was her mom. I thought that was weird because I didn't think there were families that were factionless. I stayed with her and her mom for a couple of days then her mom yelled at me because she thought I was stealing their food. So, I decided to come back to this building and stay here instead. And I've been here ever since.

I started to wonder when Nat would be back. I looked at my watch. She should be back by now. I got up, slipped on my shoes without bothering to tie them, and slipped through the hole. I was getting worried when I saw some food and a blanket right in front of the building. I knew it was her. We had an inside joke about all the blankets I have. That was her signal to me that it was her and she was okay. I settled down, took the food and the blanket into my house and sat down. I wondered what she could be doing, but at least I knew she was okay. I ate quicker than usual because I usually have Nat to talk to while eating. I got bored so I got up and walked outside. It was still early so I could still smell the morning dew. I love that smell. The only thing that smells better than that is Nat's hair. I don't know how she gets it to smell so good, she won't tell me. She says it's a woman secret that she got from Carol. Although I do see her picking leaves from some plant near the pond...

I walked towards the spot that Carol stayed in. I stayed behind the building right near it and peered around it. She was sitting alone. I came out of my hiding spot and approached Carol. She was eating an apple bit by bit.

"Carol?" I asked. She looked up and seemed surprised to see me. It was probably because I don't talk to her that often.

"Andrew? What are you doing here? Where's Natalie?" She asked, almost frantic.

"I was just going to ask you that," I answered confused. "Wasn't she talking to you this morning?"

"No," she replied. "But yesterday she told me that she was leaving with you to go find her mother in the morning."

Oh my gosh. She left. Without me. She wasn't ever planning to take me with her. Well, now I know how she feels about me. Quiet, Andrew, she could get seriously hurt by herself. I can't believe she would do this. She didn't even say goodbye. This is all my fault. If I had just gone with her, this wouldn't have happened. If I had told her how I feel, this probably wouldn't have happened. What if she's hurt already? Or dead?

"Andrew?" Carol snapped me out of my trance. "Are you alright?" I realized that my mouth was hanging open. I closed it.

"Oh, yeah. Yeah I'm fine. She's probably waiting for me back at my place so we can go... do that. Thanks for everything." I turned around and started walking to my house.

That walk turned into a jog that turned into a run. By the time I turned around the corner right next to my house I was at a full sprint. I dodged the hole and stopped when I entered the building. No one. Everything was just the way it was when I left. I grabbed my bag and started filling it with food from my stash and my extra pair of clothes. I saw something gray hidden in a crack in the wall. I pulled it out and dust went everywhere. I coughed and looked at what it was. It was clothes. Boy clothes. From Abnegation. She was planning on bringing me. But I guess she thought better of it. Well, at least I know where she went. Now that I think about it, I remember that she was wearing all gray clothes this morning when she left.

I changed into the gray clothes and threw the clothes I was wearing into the bag. I tied my shoes and ran outside. I didn't know anything for sure, but I knew two things:

I love Natalie with all my heart and I need to find her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

I hope you guys liked Andrews POV! I personally like Andrew the best, he is my favorite character. But I had to write the book with Nat as the main character. Just because the way the story line plays out. I was not planning on making Andrew love Nat it just kind of happened. But I hope you guys like the love mixed in with the story. Please comment if you liked this POV and I will try to do it more often! I love you all! Thanks for reading!!!