CAROL: Chapter 12

"I... Just wanted to.... thank you for everything you did for me..." I paused. "for taking me under your wing when I wasn't yours... and feeding me and clothing me and giving me shelter... even though I was just some random kid. Thank you." I turned to walk away, but felt a hand gently touch my shoulder.

"Oh, Nat," she started, "you are like a daughter to me. I raised you as my own because I didn't have any children but I wanted them so badly. And then when your mom asked me to take care of you, I thought it was destiny. That even though I didn't have children doesn't mean I couldn't. So, I should be thanking you for that. But, your welcome anyway."

Every feeling of hatred I had felt towards her, every second I despised her for not telling me about myself, melted away like ice next to a burning fire. I understood. For the first time in my life, I realized that I truly loved Carol. She is the only special person in my life besides Andrew. She was always there for me. And for that, I couldn't be more grateful.

I pulled her into a hug.

"Thank you." I repeated. "I love you." That slipped out.

"I love you too, Nat." She replied as she pulled away from the hug. She left her hands on my shoulders. One of her hands reached up and pushed a stray strand of hair behind my ear.

"I also wanted to tell you that I'm leaving in the morning to start my search for my mom."

"Good luck honey. I'll miss you."

With that I pulled her into a quick hug and walked back to Andrew.

======================================

Sorry for the REALLY short chapter! I'm just trying to get to the good part and didn't really have much to say for this chapter! I will be updating soon though! Thanks for reading!