45 minutes to go

Sometimes things can't stay perfect. The way things look in movies or on TV screens isn't the full truth and as Emily looked into Alison's eyes she saw that one more time. Even though she loved her so much she couldn't get rid of the past and the way the girl had treated her.

"Thank you for giving up this time to speak with me." Alison said as they were located around Emily's kitchen table. The truth is Alison had tried to forget the harsh words she'd thrown at Emily in the past and tried to move on but seeing the look on the opposite girls face she then understood that maybe that wasn't going to be so easy.

"Well, I couldn't just leave you with nowhere to go could I?" Emily took a sip of her coffee and placed the mug on the table, small talk wasn't enough to break the tension. Emily wanted to be able to carry on like everything was normal but the past years had been so hard on her, she'd spent her time wondering what she meant to Alison and with hardly any contact she felt as if she just needed to get over her.

Emily remembered the night that Alison left, she remembered the words that Alison said to her. She remembered how Alison would rather have popularity than just her and it hurt her worse than a knife.

"I wanted to come here, I've wanted to come here for so long." Alison said wanting Emily to truly understand how she feels, she wanted Emily to see that she had changed. "I'm sorry for how I treated you in the past, I shouldn't have done that and with the time we spent apart I finally understand. I understand because as soon as I hit the real world I felt nothing but missing you. And maybe I should have finally understood what I did have instead of what I could have had. You're all I had ever wanted Emily."

Emily tried to look away but Alison intended on not letting her do that. 

"Don't you understand Emily? I came back here for you, I love you."

Alison was on the verge of tears and it was the first time Emily had saw the girl truly break down like this. It was the first time Emily had seemed Alison show so much emotion as she did now and as a single tear rolled down the blonde girls cheek Emily pulled her into her arms.

"I love you too Alison."