The Trad Goth

A/N: This is considered fan fiction because i got this from a website and the website owns everything i own nothing.

P.s Comment! I have 400 reads and 2 comment?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. The Trad Goth

The Original Goth. Whether they were actually around in the 80s or not, the Trad Goth most values the traditional scene from its earliest days, when it began to evolve from Punk.

Trad Goths venerate those original Goth bands - Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Birthday Party, The Sisters of Mercy and anything played in the infamous Batcave club. Other influential bands (e.g. The Velvet Underground) may also be revered as minor deities.

Fashion is, naturally, based on the look from the period, which itself was heavily influenced by Punk - fishnets, leather jackets, piercings - in addition to heavy make-up, HUGE hair and the occassional bit of bondage gear. And, of course, lots of black. When not listening to their extensive record collection, TradGoths may be found enjoying a snakebite & black and a clove cigarette at the local "goth" pub or club.

Sadly, TradGoths often believe that Goth is, appropriately, dead, and the modern scene offers little consolation. New "goth" music genres such as EBM are perhaps their biggest pet peeve.