Chapter 5: Pardon my interruption.

"You're the prettiest girl in school. How can I not like you?" 

"I'm not that pretty. Luna and Michele are way prettier than I am." I say looking down. 

"Not to me." I look up and see him leaning in and I don't back away. 

The doorbell rings. I back away before our lips could touch and smile, awkwardly. I get up to open the door. "Logan? What are you doing here?"  

"I wanted to see what you're doing." He looks over my shoulder. 

"I told you, I'm doing homework." I say sternly. 

"Yeah, but I didn't really believe you. Anyway what's up with the nerd?" He gestures his head to James. 

"He's helping me, to get my grades up. Where doing that assignment for history." 

"Look at you being all smart and bad by using a nerd. I'm proud of you." I roll my eyes.  

"I'm not using him. He's helping me." I didn't want Logan to know that James is also here because I kinda like him. 

"Sure if that's what you want to believe. Anyway there's this party Saturday, you coming?" 

"I'll think about it." He looks at me confused, usually I don't think about such a question, I go. "Was there something else because I'd like to go back inside." 

"Are you sure you wanna go back inside?" 

"Bye Logan." I say, starting to close the door. He chuckles. 

"Bye." I go back to the living room. 

"Maybe I should go." James says standing up. 

"What? Why?" I ask quickly. Maybe a little too quickly. 

"You probably have better things to do than being here with me."  

"What makes you think that?" My phone rings again. He sighs. 

"That." I look at my phone. It's Luna. She probably needs me right now after the breakup but if I pick up that means James will leave. I click decline and shut off my phone. "Why did you do that?" 

"Because I want you to stay." I say in a low voice. James smiles. We sit back down and talk for a few more hours.  

"Can I ask you something?" James asks. 

"Sure." He fixes his glasses. 

"Would you like to go on a date with me?" I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out."Look, I'd totally understand if you say no, I mean why would you go out with a nerd like me. But at least think about it." I take a good look at him, he is kinda cute but like he said I can't go out with a nerd. I do pity him though it must have cost him so much courage to ask me out and a lot of girls probably already said no to him. 

"I would love to." I smile. 

"I get it yo-. Wait, what? You said yes?" I nod slowly. "Okay, how about I pick you up Saturday at 8?" 

"Sounds good." James looks at his watch.  

"I really should go." He says. 

"Do you want a lift." I say as we both stand up and walk to the door. 

"No, I'm good." 

"Okay." I smile. I give him a goodbye hug.  

"I'll see you in history." James smiles. I giggle. 

"Bye." I go back inside and lean my back against the door. "What am I doing?" I whisper to myself.