Chapter 22: All I wanna know is why.

"James could I talk to you?" He ignored me again. "James!' He stopped in his tracks and turned around.

"What?!" He snapped.

"What's wrong with you?" I snapped back.

"Wrong with me? There's nothing wrong with me."

"Than why are you like this? And why the change?"

"All I wanna know is why." I looked at him, confused. I had no idea what he was talking about. "Why were you not honest with me?"

"James, what are you talking about. I've never lied to you." He scoffed again.

"Oh please Joni, you can cut the act. I know I was stupid to fall for your tricks, but I guess in a way, you made me stronger. Why can't you for once show me the real you?" I could see the hurt in his eyes.

"James, I don't get it. You're the only person where I can actually be myself around." He was breathing heavily. "Because I like you."

"Oh so you like me? Is that why you barely want to be seen with me in school?" He thinks I'm embarressed of him. "And is that why you were doing Henderson last Saturday?" WHAT?! Oh my God, he saw our kiss or someone told him about it.

"Wow, wow, wow, I didn't do Logan last Saturday. Who told you that anyway?"

"I saw it with my own eyes. I saw you guys make out and I don't even wanna know what you did inside that car."

"Nothing happened okay. We were both very drunk and yeah we did kiss. But I didn't even realize it was him. That's how drunk I was. It didn't mean a thing, I swear. It was just a kiss. It meant nothing."

"Glad to know a kiss means so much to you." Then he walk out on me.