Chapter 3 : Mindless banter

"So where do you want to go next." I asked turning to Jack.
It has been two weeks since Jack arrived here and I had shown him almost all over town but there was one place I hadn't yet.
"Hum I don't know, how about you show me your favorite place around here ?" He said.
"Okay but it's quite a bit off campus." I grinned taking him by the hand.

*One taxi later*

"Follow me." I grinned pulling him into the forest we were standing outside of.
"Isn't this the part where I run away because in all the scary movies this is so not good news." He laughed backing away jokingly.
"Nope don't worry no mass murderer here." I giggled as he walked back to me and took my hand. We weren't dating but I knew we were something more than friends I just hoped he felt that way to.
We finally pushed into the clearing I had been heading for.
"Wow." Jack stared down the hill we had just slowly climbed, so slowly that he hadn't even noticed it was one.
I pulled him down on the fallen tree that sat in the middle of the clearing and let him enjoy the stunning view before us. The sun was starting to set already and the city lights were glowing.
I pulled out my drawing pad and started doodling him as he gazed down upon the city.
"How did you find this place ?" Jack finally asked after watching the sun set.
I pulled a light out of my bag and a blanket setting it up so that we were both covered and the light still illuminated my work.
"Well that is a long but short story."I laughed.
"How can a story be short and long ?" Jack asked pulling the blanket up to his nose.
"Well it can be long because it's complicated but short because I don't remember much of it." I said finishing off my portrait and slipping it back into my bag.
"I have time." He grinned pulling me closer to him.
"Well....

Short because tired and getting up early tomorrow