Tonight You're Perfect

When Pete picked me up, I had to basically sneak out. I slept upstairs and my house was three stories.

I basically creeped down the stairs and out the door. Wasn't that hard to be honest.

The sun wasn't up, not yet anyways. Just the moon and stars. It was beautiful. Something you'd love to see everyday but the only way you could is if you lose sleep. Was that worth it?

It's kind of like love. Kind of. You lose sleep for a hopeless relationship and you question it all. But you still see light in the relationship and still want to see where it goes. Is the other person thinking the same thing?

I don't know where I was going with that analogy. But I wasn't doubting me and Petes relationship. I liked him too much to let him leave me. He knew so much for me to even let go. I honestly can't see the day when I'm not with Pete, but that scares me the most.

He pulled up to my house and I ran to the car, greeting him with a kiss. I felt him smile, and that made me smile.

"Where we off to at- almost 3 in the morning?" I asked leaning my arm on the dash.

"Curiosity killed the cat- bad, bad saying at this moment. We're going to.... To a place. Yeah," he shook his head. I giggled a bit and placed my hand over his.

One of the best things about having Pete going to the same school as me next year meant car pooling. That's the first thing I thought of when he told me.

We arrived at this place that I have not been too since I was 5. I missed this place. So many fragile memories.

Pete reached to the back and pulled out a soft, fluffy blanket that smelled like his house. That kind of smell where everything is clean with a hint of cucumber. That's what his house smelled like. Anyways he placed it down, high enough on the hill so we could see over the fence and we sat down, fairly close.

Some couples call the girl: baby, babe, or baby girl.
They call the guy: babe, or daddy, but daddy seemed extreme. I don't approve of that name for your date friend.

"How do you feel about pet names?" I thought out loud. "Well, not pet names but names for the person you're in a relationship with.. If that's not weird."

"Oh, well what kind of pet names?"

"Not those kind!" I punched his arm and he pretended it hurt. He put his arm around me and pulled me closer than I already was.

"What do you have in mind? Something like 'Trick?" I shook my head at that horrible name. He pretended to pout and motioned for me to finish.

"Like," I sighed, then gasped. "BABY BOY!" You're so short, it fits!" I clapped my hand and he stopped me.

He looked me dead in the eyes. "Patrick I'm taller than you."

"I said it first!"

"Alright, babe? Does that work? You're definitely not a girl-" he froze and slowly looked to me. "Unless you haven't told me yet and I feel like an idiot!" He put his head in his hands.

"I can assure you I'm not a girl. Are you?" He shook his head. "Ok, well, keep thinking. If you want."

He looked into my eyes deeply and whispered, "'Trickster," I made an explosion noise that meant no. "Well heck! I have no idea."

"You'll think of one, Baby Boy." He shivered at the name.

"That is unfair! That name can be taken sexually." He whispered, as if this view was filled with tons of other people. I shrugged.

"In case you haven't noticed, you're sexual. How did you end up with an ace?" this time he shrugged. He laid down and placed his head in my lap. It reminded me of that time when he met my mom, and I fell asleep. The tables have turned.

My hand traced down to his head and I started to twist little pieces of the short-ish black hair. He put his hand over time and locked our fingers.

The sun started to shine through the hills, trees, buildings and houses of this town. Pete wasn't sleeping, but just relaxing. When he noticed the light he sat up and got all excited like a little kid on Christmas.

I'll admit, he was adorable.

I started to shiver a bit from the morning cold. He went to his truck and came back with a black hoodie and threw it at my face. "You're such a nerd. You can't even handle the cold."

"You could just keep me warm." I winked at him and he sat next to me, after I put the hoodie on of course.

After a while of just watching the light grow a bit more Pete looked at me, into my eyes, then at my lips, then at my eyes again. He bit his lip and I swear I died inside. I hesitated to move closer to his face, as did he. In a matter of seconds, our lips were touching. The song Tonight You're Perfect played in my head, just after the ''Cause I need someone to believe, believe, believe in', the climax played. It's hard to explain. But it felt, like it was meant to be. I know it's cheesy, but it did.

Our lips moved in sync as his hand trailed to the back of my head making the kiss deeper.

I wasn't much for 'sucking face', especially in a park. But it's 3 am, no children would be there. Nobody would be there, in fact. But I wasn't gonna let it get farther than this. People could still walk by.

I pulled away and Pete let out a soft squeal. I yawned and he decided it was time to go.

"You have an important test, I'm not gonna let you fail." He told me. I did have an important test, in 5 hours.

"Come over for the rest of the night? Pleaaaassssseeeeeeee, Baby Boy." He coughed at the name.

"Stop using that name against me, 'Trick!"

Let's just pretend that new politics don't sing that song because they are gonna be characters in this later, yeah?