Bittersweet

AN// sorry for the late update I've been having a rough time and a lot has been happening. This chapter is really short but the next one won't be.

A few more days until the prom. It wasn't those fancy ass proms where people where tuxedos and ball gowns.

Me and Pete were gonna wear just a t shirt and jeans. It was like any school dance, but only for the 11th graders. I'm sure Halsey and Melanie were planning on wearing dresses, and I'm sure they were asked by Sarah and Hayley, because they don't go here.

Exactly one week after the prom, and we'd be going to the cabin that Dallons family rented in the summer. They were be going for the weekend, and then we would be left unattended for the rest of the week.

But right now, it was a Wednesday. The prom was on a Friday. The day was almost over and I'd be accompanied by Pete. I kinda just really wanted pizza.

The prom couldn't get here fast enough.

I just want to show off my boyfriend to everyone I have ever been in the same class with. I just want to slow dance with Pete for the first time.  I just want to be with friends the whole night. I just want to do something fun.

Sadly, I had to wait two more days. Two long days, where I do nothing but wait. Pete was busy with studying, so he was spending a few nights at Josh's. Dallon and Brendon were busy, Brendon was actually graduating this year and the graduation just passed.

He felt free to be out of this death trap people call a school.  He mentioned something about going to a bunch of places this year, and the next year he'd be getting his life together. His parents promised to pay for all the places he wanted to go, as long as he passed with good grades, which he succeeded.

Dallon was proud of his boyfriend but he sure as heck would miss him next year. It broke my heart to see Brendon go, but they weren't breaking up. I hope not atleast.

But what we usually do when someone breaks up with someone is we celebrate, because they lost someone who was most likely poison to them. It helped them take their mind off things at least.

That wasn't the case. Kind of bittersweet. Brendon would be leaving. It's safe to say that of our group of friends, he was the oldest, while the rest of us had to wait another year to leave. Oh how I really wanted to leave.