Chapter 4

"Ammamma, where are you?" Chaitra shouted.

"Chaithu, what happened? Is everything okay?"

"Ammamma, that Pandit Aditya..." Chaitra paused.

"Did he tell something to you, Akka?" Charusila enquired.

Chaithra started her story, narrating everything in detail about what happened the previous day in the garden and today, near the washroom.

"Wait here I'll call Panditji. Charu take care of your Akka. I'll be back," said Ramya and went to other room where landline was kept.

"So my suspicion was true," said Charusila, putting her imaginary thinking cap.

"Which suspicion, Charu?"

"Remember when Pandit Aditya had greeted us. He said Vanakkam not Namaskaram. Akka it was natural for him to greet in Tamil which is his mother tongue."

"Good point. But that 'black man'?"

"Chaithra, Charu, Pandit Aditya informed me that your grandfather has left for home twenty minutes back. But he hasn't reached home. Chaithra did you see him on the way?"

"No Ammamma," replied Chaitra.

"Where is Panditji then?"

"Do you think Thatha has gone to Tirupati? It's only half an hour drive from here."

"No I don't think so, Charu. Panditji makes a point to inform me. Or at least to send a message via someone."

"Ammamma I don't think we have any option but to wait. "

"I guess you're right," said Ramya assuring herself that nothing will happen to Bhavyesh.

***

Sri Kalahasati Train Station...

"Yes boss he is with me... we gave him that drugged water... okay I'll tell you everything in detail but after we get down at Kanchipuram, Sir... no this place is not safe, Sir... meet you at Kanchipuram," said the 'black man' and cut the call.

"Anna are you sure no one saw us? I meant that girl at the station who enqired about this man," reminded the man sitting next to Pandit Bhavyesh.

"Thanks thambi for reminding me. But I've to make an urgent call."

" Hello Aditya... plan was successful... the train left the station a few minutes ago... yes, in ten minutes we will be out of the city... there is one small problem... a girl saw us and tried to greet Pandit Bhavyesh... her name is she told some Abhi-Abhitha... keep an eye on her."

He hung up and his mind wandered to the incident that took place in the temple, early in the morning.

That girl was surely brave and calm. But I couldn't see her face. My biggest worry language. I hope she doesn't understand Tamil. Argh! This is so frustrating! First his granddaughters, then this girl and now this Abhitha. The plan was perfect. Good we didn't go in the car. Otherwise the CCTV cameras near the temple would have helped them to track us. Truly, boss thinks so carefully. Once we reach Kanchipuram no one can stop us.

***

Glossary:-

Anna: Elder brother in Telugu, Kannada and Tamil

Thambi: Younger brother in Tamil