Splashes

'Geez, I can't get a break' I thought to myself as another car splashed me with water being soaked to the bone. The lights of sign for Rosewood café shone just barely through the pouring rain. I ran to the door shaking all the water off me. "he-oh Darcella! Why did you run all the way in the rain? you might catch a cold!" Emotionless I just shrug. My stomach feels like I've been stabbed a thousand times. Genevieve frowns and doesn't say anything. She knows not to by now. I sit at the booth and wait for my usual. Hot chocolate with 2 shots of espresso and a blueberry sugar muffin. She brings it over and gives me a blanket. "Thank you." "That boys staring" She whispers. I look and laugh so hard she thought I was crazy. "Harry Styles is not looking at me. He's in the gang with my brother. I barely know him." She shakes her head and smiles. "Darcy, that's the way Paul used to look at me." She says with a gleam of sadness and love in her eyes. Paul is her late husband, he was shot last year in a drive by shooting. I push my blonde hair out of my eyes and giver her a sad smile. She pats me on the back "He was a brave man. They wouldn't let him leave." Genevieve whispers. He was the gang leader and wanted out because Genevieve was pregnant. He tried but the boss sent people. "I know, I know." My brother had to join the gang after my mother died. We needed money. My dad remarried and we were good for a while and he couldn't get out so now here we are struggling again. Harry knows our story. Heck everyone does. But know one knows his story. And I'm gonna figure it out. Even if it kills me.