Chapter 7

Abrahams P.O.V.

I can't believe Jasmin was actually serious. We were actually going to walk all the way across half the state. Her feelings about young love and true love were as strong as to walk miles and miles just so I could go see Natalia.

And it was amazing that she was going that for us. Jasmin is the only person who supported this, and I thank her for it. If she wasn't so pushy or cheesy, I might never see Natalia again.

So cheers to Jasmin for being such a romantic.

She was a few steps in front of me, so I quickened my pace to catch up with her. I felt like it was time to ask her what happened between her and her ex-boyfriend. She hasn't told me the full story about what happened, and I have a feeling it'll fill up the silence once we get to Indianapolis.

I decided to ask her. I might get slapped, but I need to know.

Before I could say something to her, she started to sing.

"People say we shouldn't be together

To young to know about forever

I say they don't know what they ta-ta-talking about."

I have a feeling it reminded her of her ex, because she completely zoned out and almost started to cry. So I just stood silent and let her sing.

"Cause this love is only getting stronger

And I don't wanna wait any longer

I just wanna tell the world that you're mine girl

They don't know about the things we do

They don't know about the I love you's

But I bet you if they only knew

They would just be jealous of us.

They don’t know about the up all nights

They don’t know I've waited all my life

Just to find a love that feels this right

Baby they don’t know about, they don’t know about us."

Right after that last line, tears were streaming down her face. I don't know everything that happened, but I could tell that it hurt her a lot. She continued to sing through her tears.

"One touch and I was a believer

Every kiss it gets a little sweeter

It’s getting better

Keeps getting better all the time, girl."

She stopped. I don't think she could sing anymore. I waited a moment, and then I asked, "Are you ok?"

She didn't answer me right away. After seconds of awkward silence, she sighed and said, "Yeah. I'm ok."

That's it. I dared to ask her. "Hey, Jas. What happened between you and Zach?" As soon as I said his name, she stopped in her tracks. I looked over my shoulder, and her eyes were closed, because she didn't want to start crying.