Part 1:I Can't Run From The Truth

Part One:I Can't Run From the truth.

I felt sweat dripping down my face as I ran to my house. I ran up the front stairs and bolted through the front door. I stopped to look around it was dark. I reached for the light switch, but nothing happened. It was dim enough from the fall moonlight shining through the windows. I saw the stairs that lead up to other part of house. I rapidly stormed up the stairs. I had a bad feeling so I called out in a panic to my family. "Mom, Dad!" I didn't get a respones. "Ezri,Micah!" I yelled my little twin brothers names. That's when I heard Ezri scream crying. I ran to his room which was two doors down from the stairs. I looked down at carpet that's when I saw an scary amount of blood in front of the door. I slammed through the door with all my body weight. I saw three men standing over Micah who look dead by all the blood that was pouring from his little 10 year old body. At the same time I sreamed at the site that was before me, the three men turned around to face me. I ran from the room. I had to save Ezri no matter what. I ran up to the third foor to my parents room.I heard loud clumsy feet behind me. I slammed the door shut and backed away from it. I began to search for my dads guns.

I started racking my brain trying to remember where he put them. I franticaly checked the nightstand next to the bed. no luck there so I checked the closet and there it was the cobra my dad let me shoot. At that same moment a man burst through the door, I grabbeda clip and as many bullets as i could and shoved them in my pocket. I heard the man getting closer. The closer he got the faster my breathing got. He jumped in front of the door and I shot without aiming. He tumbled to the ground. I got up to see if he was alive, but I keep the gun aimed at him. To my luck, the bullet went straight through his heart. I didn't have time to assess the damage I quickly tip toed back down stairs to the second floor.

I hear the other two men talking. "I can't believe you shot a kid." A harsh hushed voice said.

"I didn't try to he just woudn't stop crying." A mimicking voice replied.

"Whatever, what's taking that prick so long. All he had to do was shoot the damn girl." One guy said as he steped through doorway making eye contact with me instantly I shot him. He dropped to the floor with a bullet in between his eye. The other man shot back at me. I swifly rolled behind a wall. I leaned to get a shot, but the other man was faster. He shot at me as he ran down the steps and out the door. I ran to Ezri who was screaming out in fear. He was bent over covering his ears. I reached for him and he made a bloody scream that made me jump back. I reached for him again and held him until he realized it was me. Ezri hugged me so tight that it made me realize I was grased by one of the bullets from when the man was shooting at me. Ignoring the pain in my arm I hugged him back.

I pulled Ezri up and held his hands. He made it a point not to look at Micah's body laying only a few feet away. "We have to leave now or the bad man could come back." I said trying to get him to calm down so we can move on. He just nodded once as tears ran down his face. I tucked him close to my side. I notice I hadn't hear a get away car for the man that was just here. I pulled my gun back out. I we slowly walked down the steps. I stop to hear if I could someone breathing or walking, but nothing was there. I knew we were going to need food and water for awhile. So we went to kitchen. I searched for a flashlight that I knew we kept in one the draws by the sink. I found one and not paying attention to where I was stepping I fell over something hard and wet. I truned on the flashlight. It was a body and jugding by clothes attire it was my dad. I put a hand over my mouth so I wouldn't let a scream escape. I quickly move the light so Ezri wouldn't recognize him and now I knew what the wet stuff was. I got up and reach in the cabinets for food we didn't have to cook. I grabbed a many water bottles my backpack would let me and grabbed the first aid kit off the counter.

We ran out the house hand and hand as fast we could.

******I hope people read this and tell me what they think.******

if you guys want me to write more just say so.