Chapter 10: Just Wait...

After paniced phone calls and crying loved ones I drove as fast as I could to the hospital I saw on the back of the ambulance before it took off. Five minutes passed by as I zoomed through the parking lot, not minding the speed bumps. I rushed into the front office wanting to cry. "Is Mark Fishcbach here!?" I said quickly. The woman in the front typed in his name on the computer as she answered, "Room 504." I nodded and ran over to the elevator but of course it took forever. I threw the thought away and sprinted towards the stairs. 5 flights felt like nothing at the thought of Mark needing my help. I looked at the signs directing me to go the left.

'Mark!' I wanted to yell but it was an all silent zone. My heart stopped as I found the haunting numbers 504.

I ran to the room but was stopped as I realized the door was shut.

I saw Mark.

Laying almost lifelessly on the hospital bed.

With doctors surrounding him.

Talking.

Not doing anything to help.

I didn't want to think what was being forced into my head.

No. I thought. He...He can't be....

My thoughts were broken when a tall slim Dr. Stepped behind me. "I think it would be best to wait in the outpatient waiting room." My heart dropped as I noticed his wording.
"I think It would be best..." tears rolled down my cheek.

They can't take me from Mark,
The one I've loved for years.

But all of that was proven wrong when I stepped foot in the waiting room, wandering what would happen to him.