Chapter 14: I Told You To Stay Away, Mark! Pt.2

I tried to stay home, I really did. But something told me to go to Mark's house and make sure everything was okay. I drove past the speed limit, not caring I would get pulled over.
Finally. I sped up to Mark's home and ran inside. "MARK!" I yelled aloud hoping I got there before Matt. I turned the corner after there was no answer.
My heart dropped at the sight.

Mattias was on the floor, a pool of blood surrounding him.
"No!" I yelled, my voice splitting. My knees felt weak. I fell down next to Matt.
"Matt! WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED!?!?" I panicked.
He didn't say anything. His breathing was slow. Too slow.
His blue eyes were crystal gray as the color drained from his face. I looked down at Matt's hand, which was covering a heap of blood. I gently lifted his hand finding a small hole in his left side.
I put my hand over my mouth in shock as I gasped.

A bullet wound.

"WHO THE HELL DID THIS TO YOU?!?" I shouted again.
Matt wearily pointed his finger to a dark door the was creaked open on the side of the room.

"Matt. I can't leave you." I said quietly this time. Matthias just looked up at me. He placed his bloody hand on my cold cheek.

"Don't. Be. Afraid. Adopted. One." He said.

And with that

Matt closed his eyes

And ever since then

They never opened again.