Chapter 12: Wanted to be saved...

After hours and hours of explaining from the doctor, Mark was finally out late that night.
Or was it early that morning. Ah I don't care. At least I was still with Mark.

As we tiredly trudged to our car I asked Mark a question.

"So what happen anyway?"

"Nothing much. Just something stupid about my heart and alcohol. No big deal."

No big deal?!

"Mark, you were studying biomedical engineering in college. So I really do hope you know that you actually need your heart to stay alive." I said with a forced giggle.

"No really. Nothing important to get worked up about." He just replied.

Now I got annoyed.

"Mark, anything that concerns you Is a reason for me to get worked up. I don't want anything like this to happen again so I'm asking you for the information the doctor gave you so I can make sure this doesn't happen ag-"

"What if I wanted it to happen!" Mark snapped.

My heart skipped as I looked into his angry brown eyes.

"Mark I.....What do you.....I don't.....understand." I said holding back unwanted tears.

"What if... I wanted to be sent to the ER. What if I.....didn't...want to live."

I shook my head, wanting to ignore what I just had heard.

"Why would you not want to live, Mark!?" I cried, trying not to raise my voice too much. I noticed we were in front of the car and Mark put his hand on the car door handle.
He sighed unsteady as if he were about to sob. He looked at me with his red puffy eyes.

"I saw you...and Felix...kissing at the mall." He grabbed hold of my hand.

Crap!

"I didn't want to lose you but I didn't know how to get you back!" I wanted to explain to him that I didn't mean to kiss him, but I couldn't throw Felix under the bus like that, even in a situation like this one.

"I thought," he whispered with his voice breaking and cracking a little. "I thought you loved me enough to know why I was upset tonight."

I wiped away tears while Mark let go of my hand slowly.

"(Y/n), I'm sorry but....I can't keep going on like this." He said more clearly.

I didn't want him to be doing what I thought he was doing, but he still looked me in the eye as if he were to prove me wrong.

"Goodbye, (y/n)." He said quietly. And with that he hugged me for about two minutes, got In his car, and slowly drove off.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMG GUYS I AM LITERALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW. I never knew I could do that while writing fanfiction. I hope you guys like it so far and please don't hate me because of this chapter. Remember there is still more to come! ;3
LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

~Starqween28