Chapter 16: You're never waking up!

Our mother died.

Matt couldn't take it as much as I could.

We stood in front of her grave when we were little.

"Daddy?" I would ask.

"Why do the best people die?"

He would just pick Matt and I up into his arms and say,

"When you kids are in the garden, what flowers do you pick?"

Matt and I looked at each other, knowing what to say.

"The most beautiful ones..." We said in unison.

I could never forget that moment. The moment of rush. The moment of adrenaline. I understood what my father was trying to say, but I could never put it into perspective.

Well...not until now.

BANG!

I was ready for a bullet to the head. No pressure overcame me. Was the bullet so fast I couldn't feel it?

"GET AWAY FROM HER!!" A screaming voice cried.

It was...Mark?!

He was on the ground wrestling with the dark figure I was soon to face death with. But...how could he be two people at once.

"(Y/n), RUN!" Mark struggled to say. His skin and hair was a much warmer hue than......Dark.

"No!" I said aloud. "I need to help you!" Mark looked at me in the corner of his eye, still fighting darkness itself. "It's time to fall asleep," Dark hissed into Mark's ear. "And I will make sure that you're NEVER waking up!" His wicked laugh filled the dark lit room.

And that's when I saw it. The handgun on the floor. I looked away to grab it but when my eyes went back onto Mark and Dark, Dark was....Mark. I couldn't tell who was who!

"Quick, kill him!" One said.

"No! I'm not Dark, (y/n)! He is!" Said another.

"I-I," I stuttered. "Give me a sign!"

One of them winked. But the other...

"Caaaan you feeeel the looooove tonight?" He mouthed.

Bingo!

I took the gun and aimed it towards the shapeshifted Darkiplier.

Black smoke substituted blood as I pulled the trigger. Dark fell to the floor but Mark stood there breathing heavily.
My shoulders fell and I ran towards Mark. I immediately started to sob in his shirt. "M-Mark! He k-killed Matthew!" I hated to say it but I had to let him know. He was silent. He just hugged me tighter as a surge of safeness flowed through my body. I cried harder as I felt a tear plop onto my head. Mark was crying as well. We both shed tears as we stood there hugging. It reminded me of when I came to his house to apologize.

Of when I acted like we were ninjas trying to find a way to avoid the crazy fangirl.

Of when Mark kissed me for the first time.

It reminded me of when Matt was alive and how he invited me to his house to play a game.

I never knew what was in store but I went anyways.

And that's what made me feel better.

"Matt did this for us." I mumbled into his shirt.

"Yeah," Mark said still hugging me. "He did didn't he?"

We broke away from the hug and looked around. My heart dropped when I spotted no trace of Dark's dead body.

"It's okay." Mark said. "He's gone now."
He was right. I didn't have to worry about anymore threats. Any more "last words". Anymore deaths.

But I just wished I could've gotten here sooner to save Matthias.