Chapter 11

Adam and Mickey were still huddled in a corner near the dressing room or whatever the heck it was. It's almost like they were guarding the door. The door which Jesse Carmichael stood behind. I was getting suspicious but I didn't know what of. Something was off. I didn't have a clue as to what it was.

"Katie?" Olivia tapped my shoulder.

I faced her and raised my eyebrow.

"What's up?" she asked.

"Oh um yeah. It's nothing it's just. Do Adam and Mickey seem to be acting weird or something?" I question.

She looks in their direction and shrugs.

"Maybe Jesse's sick or something?" she suggests.

She turns back to James and Sam and talks to them some more. I try to follow along but I'm too distracted by Adam and Mickey whispering in the corner. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Adam nod to Mickey and walk into the room. It's evident he closed the door with purpose. Mickey walked over to the rest of us and lets himself in on the conversation.

"Dude. Whaddup with Jesse?" James asks eyeing him.

"He cleaning up I guess not sure." he says as if all the whispering never happened.

Before I know it, there's some arguing coming from the other room.

"You better be 100% sure before I go out there Adam!" Jesse says rather loudly.

"How am I supposed to be sure. You want a DNA test?" Adam fires back.

"Yes," Jesse said quieter.

"You know I can't do that. Me and Mickey both thought the same same." I hear Adam fight back.

Silence.

No one moves and all heads move towards Mickey. He looks away clearly uncomfortable from the unwanted attention. We all wait for Jesse to say something. He doesn't. Instead we hear the lock unlock from the other side of door.

All of a sudden, the door Olivia and I entered swung open and I came face to face to my concerned parents.

"I'm sorry. They insisted on coming in and they said they're daughter was in here," the guard said with his hands in the air.

"Katie!" my mother yelled storming over to grab me by my wrist.

The door in the back of the room creaked open and out stepped Jesse. I whipped my head around to face him. I release my wrist from my mother's grip. I notice her gaze is set on Jesse and Jesse's gaze is fixed on me.

Something is definitely going on. My mom looked back and forth between Jesse and I. Olivia stepped over to my side. No one was talking. I looked over to Adam and Mickey. They had looks of confirmation on their faces. They were still shocked at the scene in front of them with wide eyes. Why did everyone else know what was happening except me and Olivia?

Jesse took a step forward towards me and stopped to study me. Did I just stay put or did I smile at him?

"Hi Katie," he said softly.