Chapter 12

How did Jesse know my name? How did he know who I was? My mom was staring at Jesse with wide eyes. Jesse glanced at her and gave her a look of question. I couldn't take this anymore.

"Okay, will someone tell me what's going on here!?" I blurted out.

My mom faced away from me and tears started forming in her eyes. My dad stood next to her with his arms crossed looking at the ground. I looked around the room and the rest of the guys were looking at Jesse and nodding their heads yes. But yes to what?

"Hello? What is going on? Why is everyone acting weird?" I asked again.

Olivia put her hand on my shoulder for support.

Jesse took a step forward and took a deep breath.

"Katie," he started. "I don't really know how to tell you this, but they aren't your parents," he said referring to my parents in the corner.

"What? Of course they are, I've been with them since I was born," I said looking at them.

They didn't say anything, just looked away.

"No they aren't," he said again.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Katie-" he started.

"How do you know my name?!" I shouted.

Beads of sweat were rolling down his forehead. He was nervous about what he was trying to tell me. He looked at me for a second trying to figure out what he was going to say.

I turned away from him and went over to my parents. If they even were my parents.

"Mom! Dad! What is he talking about? You are my real parents right? Right?!" I screamed at them.

They looked down as they spoke.

"Not exactly, babygirl. We adopted you when you were two days old. We never thought you would find out the truth," my "dad" said quietly.

"Wait. I'm adopted? You adopted me? And you never told me?!" I began screaming again.

"Baby we're sorry. We were protecting you. We thought it was the best thing. You weren't supposed to find out," my "mom" said.

"So you lied to me. For my whole life." I stated.

My mother began crying harder and my dad put a hand on her back to comfort her. Olivia was still by my side and hugged me.

"Wait, so who's my real parents?" I asked. I waited for them to answer, but they stayed silent.

"Katie?" Jesse asked.

"What?"

"I'm your biological father." he said.

I froze in my spot.