Chapter 24

At their hotel rooms the guys had showers and the girls made lunch, as they ate they made small friendly chats.

"So what are we doing today?" asked Chris asked, Josie put her drink down.

"Walter and I were just going for some alone time" she said smiling at him. He nodded looking at her too and smiling.

"Sounds good, what do you want to do babe?" asked Chris looking at Emma. She smiled at him.

"I found this men's shop and I want you to get some things, you need some new shirts" she said, he looked down at himself and then at Emma.

"I don't mind, I'm not really into the whole shopping thing" he said drinking his wine.

"No man is into it, but I'm not interested in that comment" she said giving him a sweet smile, he sighed and looked at his friends for help.

"No bro, you're on own" said Nathan chuckling, he groaned and looked at Walter who was already making his way to his room.

"Don't even think about it bro" he said closing the door. The girls looked at each other and laughed. Sera got up and cleared the table, the two girls cleaned the kitchen, she made her way to her room to charge her phone. She sat on the bed and started reading a book, her friends called out a good bye to her as they went out. Nathan, with no shirt on, came waltzing in her room with a smile on his face.

"Guess what, we have this place to ourselves" he said picking her up and putting her on his laps. She nodded then just kept reading her book, he poked his head over the top and raised his eyebrows.

"Sera, did you hear me?" he asked, she smiled and put the book aside. Then she wrapped her arms around his waist. She shivered when he kissed her ear.

"I wanted to ask you a few questions" he said pulling back. She looked at him and nodded, he turned all serious.

"Did Dave ever abuse you in any other way?" he asked, her eyes widened at his question.

"Umm...y-yes" she said, her heart started to swell. Don't lie Serafina.

"You can tell me babe, dad wants to know so he knows what he's exactly suing for" he said, she looked at him and sighed, she looked down then slightly nodded. She felt him tense up, he stood with her in his arms and walked to the kitchen to get a drink. He set her on the kitchen island and got some water, then came to her and stood between her legs.

"Ok, listen to me Sera, I need you to tell me exactly what he did" he said to her, she hugged him and hid her face. He pulled her close letting her know that he was there for her to hold and comfort.

"You don't understand how much trouble he is in, do you?" he asked her. She looked up at him and shook her head.

"I had no idea he could even get in trouble" she mumbled. He pulled her back and looked her in the eyes.

"Talk to me" he said in a gentle voice, she looked at her shaking hands.

"The first time he did it was when we I was a child, I was sitting in my room playing with my little sister and he called me but I didn't hear him so he dragged me out and smacked me" she said a tear rolling down her face. Nathan had to stay calm for her.

"Is this the first time he has put you in hospital?" he asked, she nodded truthfully.

"Do you only work around the house as a servant?" he asked, she nodded.

"Since m-mom and J-Josephine d-died" she trembled. He looked up at the ceiling thinking of all the things Dave deserves for hurting such an innocent girl.

"Ok, thank you for telling me, and please, if you want to talk about anything I'm here for you ok" he told her making sure she understood, she slightly nodded. He held her for a bit then he pulled back smiling.

"How about we make something together?" he asked her, his smile was so contagious, she smiled big too. She nodded and jumped down, he called room service and asked if they could bring some ingredients for a big cake they were going to bake. When it was all delivered they put on aprons and Sera pulled out a bowl for mixing and Nathan opened up the flour and cracked the eggs. After they put the mixture in to the oven then Sera leaned back on the bench, she reached up and put her hand to her forehead to wipe the little trickle of sweat. He looked at her and smirked, she looked at him and frowned.

"What's so funny?" she asked, he turned her to face him.

"You just have something here" he said wiping it away but then rubbed his whole hand over her face and he doubled up in laughter. She gasped and picked up an egg and cracked it on his head. he froze when he realised what she had done. He looked at her and she had a cheeky smile on her face. He picked up the bag of flour and poured it all over her, she screamed and started running around as he chased her. On the way she picked up the sugar bag and threw it over him, he laughed and chased her some more, she ran into the bathroom and locked the door. She waited in there until she heard footsteps then she confidently walked out only to be drowned in a mixture of eggs and flour. She gasped at Nathan who was on the floor laughing his head off.

"You are so dead, pretty boy" she growled walking to the kitchen, she cracked the rest of the eggs and put them in a bowl and walked to him, when he saw her he tried to quickly get up but she was too fast, all the eggs trickled down his body but they both laughed together.

"Come give me some loving baby" he said trying to hug her, she looked down at herself and shrugged. She was as messy as him so why not? She laughed again and walked into his arms.