Chapter 7

At the dinner table, he sat next to his sister and Sera sat across from him next to his mother, his father, Shay, sat at the end of the table.

"This is delicious " said Sera and Nathan's attention shot to her, not that it wasn't already.

"Mom's the best cook" said Josie. smiling at Sera.

"You guys are so lucky" said Sera smiling. Shay was watching her closely.

"Dave's lucky too, with a cook like you, your food was scrumptious the other night" said Josie, Danice smiled at the two girls.

"I would have thought he would be a bigger size" said Josie making Sera laugh, her laugh filled the room and it was as if a huge chandelier rose to the roof of the house and sparkled like the sun.

"He gets too stressed to add any weight on" she said.

"Sera you need to tell me how you get your hair like that" said Josie, Sera looked at long black locks.

"I don't know, I just wake up brush it then chuck it in a braide or something" she said smiling at her.

"But I like yours like that, it looks very sophisticated" she said. Josie rolled her eyes.

"Yeah its only like this cuz it takes forever to grow" she said flipping her hair.

"You guys seem to be enjoying eachother's company" said Shay, Sera's eyes drifted to him and gave him a shy smile.

"Dad, she's pretty funny and cool to be around" said Josie winking at Sera.

"Thanks, your very talkative and I love it" said Sera and the family laughed together. Sera had enjoyed being around happy people and it made her happy too.

She thanked Danice and Shay for having her and Josie told her they would be going out on Wednesday a day from now. She was so excited about it.

Nathan dropped her back home, and he couldn't help but give her a kiss on the cheek. He watched make her way inside the house then pulled out his phone and called his best friend.

"Hey Chris, I need to go out for some drinks, right now, join me at our pub" he said then hung up and drove.

~~The next day~~

Nathan woke up feeling like an elephant had sat on his head the whole night. He slowly sat up and looked at the time. 10:45.

He was meant to be at work by 7:30, he struggled out of bed and hopped into the shower for a good 20 minutes. When he looked at his phone it was bombarded by messages and calls from Chris and his assistant Charlise.

She was really annoying but she was good at her job so he kept her. He got dressed in his suit then stole an apple from his kitchen counter then left for work.

When he walked through his building he was instantly met by Charlise who was dressed in a tight black pencil skirt and a blouse with a matching jacket, her breast were pushed to her face and her long blonde hair was hanging down on the sides. She was wearing really high white heels and had make up to last a year.

"Morning Nathan" she said as she handed him his coffee, he snatched it from her manicured fingers then glared at her.

"I've told you not to call me that, I'm Mr Summerville to you and that's it, do you hear me?" he growled. She nodded and sighed when he stormed off. She followed behind quietly. She updated him on all his meeting and appointments then he got to work.

At the end of the day he was stressed and needed to be some place that relaxed him and made him happy.  He got into his car and without a second thought he drove to Sera's house.

Sera woke up with a big smile on her face and sat in bed thinking about last night. It was the happiest she had ever been since... the accident.

She loved the atmosphere at the Summerville's house it made her feel safe and loved. She got up and had a shower then did house duties. After she put on some music and started to dance, she was too happy.

She didn't hear the knock on the door and she didn't realise Nathan leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed staring at her with a big smile on his face.

He walked up to the radio and turned the volume down to get her attention. She froze and looked around to find Nathan standing there looking as hot as ever.

"Oh, hello... I didn't see you there... I was just.. umm...why are you here?" she asked furiously blushing. He walked into the kitchen and took a glass of water.

"I didn't think you would notice me so I had to do something" he said then sipped his water.

"Sorry" she said sitting down then he sat with her.

"Don't apologise for nothing, how was your day?" he asked her.

"It was alright, I didn't do much, how was your day?" she said smiling at him.

"It was horrible, I came here to feel better" he said smiling at her.

"Oh" she said, he leaned closer and brushed the hair away from her face. He stroked her cheek with his thumb.

"You're so gorgeous" he whispered. She slightly moved away and walked to the kitchen.

"Are you hungry?" she asked in a faint voice. Not for food, he thought before getting up and following her.

"Sure" he said and watched as she pulled out two buns and some ingredients for a burger. His mouth watered as he saw the beef patties fry in the pan, and his heart melted when he saw her making him some dinner.

He wanted to walk to her and wrap his arms around her small waist. When she finished she dished both burgers on one plate and got him a drink then set it on the table for him. He sat at the table ready to demolish the food. She sat across from him and quietly played with her thumbs.

"You're not eating?" he asked looking at the second burger. She shook her head.

"I'm not hungry, I made both of them for you". She had lunch but not dinner and she was starving, but she couldn't eat in front of him.

"Sera eat" he placed a burger on another plate then slid it to her. She looked at him then took the plate. She lifted the burger to her mouth and took a bite. Yum.

"Thanks for making this" he spoke as he watched her eat. She was destroying the burger unlike any other girl he had ever seen. She enjoyed her food. He liked that.

"You're welcome" she said wiping the sides of her mouth with the napkin. He finished off his dinner and watched her eat hers, when she was finished he picked up her plate and walked over to the sink. He rolled up his sleeves and started to rinse the plates and the pan that was used.

"No, please I'll do that" she put her small hand on his arm, trying to stop him. He stopped and faced her.

"Go sit down and relax" he wasn't going to let her help. She smiled and turned then walked out. He finished off then went to find her. She was curled up on the floor, again, with a book.

"You like to read?" he asked picking her up from the floor and setting her small body on the couch, she looked at him with shock and looked at the floor. He smiled, sitting next to her. She put her book down then nodded at him.

"Yeah, I read a lot" she said rubbing her leg. He stared at her again. She was glowing and had a shy smile on her beautiful face. Mom could be right, he thought.

"What?" she asked him, he smiled and shook his head.

"Nothing, can we watch something?" he asked picking up the remote.

She nodded then went to turn the TV on from the power point. She sat back and watched as he looked for something to watch on Netflix.
At the end he kissed her on the cheek before leaving, again she went to bed feeling happy.

Why does he keep kissing my cheek?
========================================================
Hey, hey guys. This one was a bit hard to master up. Nathan might seem like he's going a bit fast with Sera but I don't like to waste time. But u can always tell me what u think ☺☺😊