viii

viii//stiles pov

It was the end of the day and today was the big Lacrosse game. As I changed in my umiform in the locker room, I got nervous. Everyone will be there.

Even though I'm not in first line, I still don't want to look like an embarrassment.

But I'm happy that Scott made it.

"Hey Scott, you ready?" I say as I try to give Scott a fast pep talk before we start.

"Yes, I'm just nervous. I mean Allison is there..." And the thought of Allison made me think of Lydia.

They were close friends, like me and Scott.

Coach Finstock came in with a clipboard.

"All right everyone, today I've made some rearrangements in the team."

Everyone crowded around him to hear the news.

"Alright, so now, Garret in so longer captain of the Lacrosse team, McCall, your the new captain. Garret you are now co-captain."

I looked at Garret, who was definitely pissed.

Everyone congratulated Scott and he looked very happy.

"And now, in first line we have..." Finstock looked at the clipboard, struggling to read.

"Is-Is that a B?"

"Uh, B-Bilinski? Is that right?"

"Bilinski! You're in first line!" Finstock said as he started walking out.

"Woohoo! Yes!" I said as I cheered by myself. Everyone else walked away and Scott walked up to me.

"Congratulations Scott!" I say as I give him a 'bro hug'.

"Congrats to you! You finally got first line!" He says all happy and excited.

"Thanks man..." I say as I grab my Lacrosse stick, ready to walk out.

"You ready?" Scott asks.

"More ready than I'll ever be..." And we all walk out.

As soon as the crowd sees us, they begin to cheer.

We all get ready in position.

"3..."

"You nervous?" Scott asks.

"Yeah, very..."

"2..."

I saw Lydia sitting on the bleachers. I began to get even more nervous. I shook my head trying to get her out of my head.

Focus, Stiles...

"1..."

"Go!!" The coaches blow they're whistle and we begin to play.

The game goes well until 10 seconds are left and we are tied up.

Scott runs with the ball on the net and he yells my name.

"Stiles! Catch!!" And he throws the ball at me.

I freak out but I successfully catch the ball. I run towards the goal.

"5!"

People from the other team begin to chase me.

"4!"

Im out of breathe but I keep running.

"3!"

Almost there.

"2!"

I get ready to throw the ball...

"1!"

I throw the ball and it goes directly into the net, and we score!

"0!

Everyone cheers and the whole team runs towards me.

Scott and others pick me up and they carry me as they cheer. The whole crowd cheers. I begin to get excited and elated.

I look at the crowd and I see Lydia. The only one in the whole crowd that is not cheering, or smiling.

I stop smiling and I get upset. Why isn't she cheering.

I tell the team to put me down and I walk out of the field. I go inside the locker room and I walk towards the sink.

I look at the mirror as I take deep breaths. The door opens and Lydia appears.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I've been here before, it's no big deal." She says.

I look back at the mirror.

"What do you want, Lydia..." I say as I walk towards a bench and I sit down.

Trying to relax, Lydia wlaks up to me.

"You did good at the game..." She says as she sits next to me.

"Well you didn't seem happy when I scored." I say as I take my helmet off.

"It wasn't that, I heard about Garret loosing his place as captain and he's angry..."

"Ok, you stil haven't answered my question, why are you here?" I say as I take my gloves off.

"I just wanted to congratulate you." And she walked out.

It was weird seeing her here. And we actually had a conversation.

viii//authors note
===
Hello! I know this chapter was somewhat short but I promise you guys the enact chapter will be way longer than this one. But thank you for reading and make sure to vote and comment to show your support, thank you!