xiii

Remember me?

As I read the message, chills went Dow my spine.  I remember that one message I got a while ago.  Suddenly I get a call from a blocked number.

"Hello?" I say nervously.

Then I hear a voice, a familiar one.

"Stiles," Lydia's voice came through the phone.  Her voice was shaky and it sounded like she was scared.

"Lydia?" I ask.

There was no response at first.

"I-I just wanted to let you..." And I heard sobs.

Like if she was crying nervously.

"...just wanted to tell you I was okay." But I knew something was wrong.

Why would she call me just to tell me this? I mean, I knew she was okay, right?

"What do you mean?" I ask a little worried.

"Uh, I have to go..." She says.

"Wait, Lydia..."

"Stiles, I really h-have to hang up..." She says with a terrifying tone.  I began to get a bit scared.

"Lydia, tell me what's—" but she interrupted me.

"Stiles! Just hang up!" Was she crying?

She began to panic through the phone. I heard heavy breaths.

"Lydia?" I ask a bit more calm.

There was silence.  All I could hear was an air conditioner turning on.

"Hello?" And I got a text message.

It was a picture.

It was Lydia.

She was tied to a chair with rope. Hands and feet. Her mouth was covered with black duct tape. She was her eyes were closed with tears covering her face.

And last but not least...

A gun was pointing at her head.

I gasp, being afraid that something would happen. I slowly zoom into the background of the picture. A white dresser with pictures with Lydia in them.

She's at her own house. What about her mom?

I drop my phone and I run to get my car keys. I picked up my phone and I immediately ran out my house and into my car. As I drove off, my whole body trembled.

As soon as I arrived, I grabbed my bat that I always keep in the back of my car. I slowly walk towards the door and surprisingly, it's wide open.

I slowly walk inside and I look around. It was dark and not a single light was on. Some furniture was knocked over, but most of it was intact.

Suddenly, I hear some muffled talking coming from upstairs. I make my way up the stairs and into the hallway. I see that Lydia's bedroom door is also open.

I slowly walk inside and I see Lydia still on that chair. She was staring at an empty wall in her room. She looked terrified.

"Lydia?" I ask.  I crouch in front of her with one hand on her shoulder.

"Lydia!" I repeat.

I shake her by the shoulders.  She doesn't respond.  She just keeps staring.  Suddenly, she turns to look at me in the eyes.  Her eyes begin to get watery.

"Stiles..." She whispers.

"Are you okay?" She nods.

"What happened?" I ask.  She doesn't respond.

"I almost got..." She began, but trailed off.

She begins to tear up.  I gently wiped her tears away with my thumb as my hand made its way on her cheek.

"...I'm glad you're here." She finishes.

I nod.

"Anytime."

I help her out of the chair and she immediately throws herself into a hug.  She pulls me towards her, closer to her.  A tight hug.  She began to cry on my shoulder which made my shirt wet, but I didn't care.

Taking care of her and making sure she was safe was my number one priority.

I loved her.

authors note:
====
Hi guys! So recently I've been thinking of the perfect ending for this book.  I know this book doesn't seem that long, but I think it's just time to wrap it up and start other books.  Thank you for reading!