xvi

xvi|| Lydia's POV
===

It was a cold Tuesday night. Getting ready to bed, brushing my teeth, changing clothes. Regular schedule.

As I sat on my bed, I exhaled. It's been a rough couple of weeks and tonight I just want to relax and have a good night.

I layed down as I covered my self with my blankets. I got comfortable as I layed on my side.

My eyes became heavy as my head made contact with my pillow and I drifted to sleep.

§

My eyes fluttered open. I rubbed my eyes. I stretched my legs and something felt weird.

I sat up and rubbed my head. A headache threatened to come. I look at my hand and I gasp.

As I run to my mirror, I'm in shock.

Blood oozing out of my head. My strawberry blonde hair is now soaked in blood and looks dark red.

With all my force, I scream. With all the power of my lungs I scream and scream in fear.

My body begins to shake at the terror.

I touch the side of my head and I feel the wound. I groan in pain and I continue to scream.

xvi|| Stiles' POV
===

I was talking to Scott, waiting for school to begin. Suddenly, he stops talking for a moment.

"What wrong?" And he shushes me.

He looks at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Lydia..." He says and he begins to run away.

I try to catch up to him, and he keeps running. We run towards Lydia's house and now I can start hearing something.

Screaming.

Scott and I burst into the house looking around. As I run upstairs, the screaming becomes louder and Scott follows me.

I push her bedroom door wide open and I see her standing in front of a mirror, screaming.

Her hair was red. Her hands were bloody and so was her head.

"Lydia!" I run up to her.

Her screams become cries and she falls on me. I stumble but catch my balance. Scott runs into the room and sees Lydia bleeding from her head.

"What the hell?!" He says as he looks at all the blood.

There was blood on her bed, especially on her pillow and on the floor.

"Lydia, what happened?" I try to calm her down but she keeps crying.

Her cries can't let her speak. She's speechless. Her cries slowly become quiet and she groans in a bit of pain.

I hug her, trying to make her feel better. But her cries grew stronger as she wrapped her arms around neck and hugged me tight.

She digs her face into my neck as she cries. It begins to feel wet with all of her tears streaming down her face.

I stand still letting her cry all of it, but I'm pretty sure she won't stop.

"Lydia it's okay, sh sh sh..." I say quietly, into her ear as I place my hand on her back.

Her cries become silent and all I hear are sniffs.

She pulls away slowly as I examine her wound.  It's k. The side of her head, it looks like some kind of hole.

"I'll be right back." Scott says as he runs out of the room.

I look at Lydia, who was looking back at me in the eyes with her watery eyes.

"Why do you keep trying?" She asks.

"What do you mean?"

"Today at school, I told you to give up and to leave me alone, why didn't you listen to me?" She continues asking.

"Well, because I never give up on the things that I want, I work hard for it and at the end, all that work was definitely worth it..." I say and she smiles a bit.

And so do I.