Chapter six

A few days later, we decided to take a trip to England so that Papa could help with any problems in his country. And by we, I meant just Papa himself. It was really selfish of him actually, especially when he knew that me and Alfred's countries just started to form and would need our supervision. I haven't been to Canada since I was a hundred for peat's sake! (Ten to you mortals.)

I tried explaining it to Papa Francis that we needed to go to our own countries, but he wouldn't listen, and he ignored me. Big surprise eh? I then proceeded to ask Alfred if he would ask Papa for me, since he couldn't see me again. He sighed and nodded, "Yeah whatever bro. You owe me." He said moving past me and walking downstairs to Papa France's study. I waited patiently in my room and combed Kumajiro's fur.

As I waited, I began to hear shouts from downstairs and I buried my face into Kumajiro's back. I sighed shakily and listened.

"WE HAVEN'T SEEN OUR COUNTRIES FOR MONTHS!" I heard Alfred yell sternly.

"MY COUNTRY IS WORTH MORE THEN YOUR BLOODY ALWAYS-EATING-MCDONALD'S-AND-WRITING-TWILIGHT-BOOKS CRAP!" I hear Arthur yell back. (Ouch. He even brought the Twilight books into this. Alfred is not happy.)

I stood up and walked to the door. "I just wanted him to ask Papa Francis, not Papa Arthur." I say to myself quietly and walk calmly down the stairs.

"DON'T YOU DARE BRING STEPHENIE INTO THIS." Alfred yelled and I heard a sound almost like a crunch and a yell like someone was in pain.

I freeze and stay in my spot, frozen as ice.

"He wouldn't hit him. No. No he couldn't have." I think as I skipped a few steps running down the stairs.

I run to the living room and find a pain filled Arthur lying on the floor clutching his nose.

"You Bloody wanker!" He yells with tears in his eyes.

Alfred steps back and looks as though he might crumble any minute. "I...I didn't mean too...Dad I'm sorry!" He said nearing Arthur.

"Get the bloody hell away from me!" Arthur say scooting away with one hand, while the other drips with blood.

I almost fainted right then and there as I saw the stream of blood, flowing down his face and on to his chin.

I hate violence, and I hate blood.

I run to Arthur's aid and take out my handkerchief, "Dad? Dad, are you okay?" I ask stupidly. Of course he wasn't okay! Papa Francis was also at his side with a phone. "I have a doctor on zhe phone 'ere Angleterre." He said as he talked to the doctor hurriedly.

~

A few hours later, we were in the waiting room at the hospital.

I look up to see a very disgruntled Alfred muttering to himself. I sigh and approach him, I sit on the chair next to him and pat his shoulder, "Al? Al it wasn't your f-fault, y-you were angry." I stutter out and he looks up at me.

"Bro, it totally was my fault and you know it." He muttered. "I couldn't believe I just did that! He's like, never going to look at me the same way again." He said sadly just staring at the ground.

I wrap an arm around his shoulder and give a shaky sigh, "No, no it wasn't your fault. If I just...I-if I just wasn't invisible and asked Papa Arthur in the first place, this c-could've been avoided." I say rubbing my eyes stressfully.

"Whoa! Bro, it's okay. I was trying to ask France anyways, but England got in the way again." He said shaking his head. "Not your fault broski, he was just trying to pick a fight with me again." He said with a shrug.