22. you're ungainly

A/N: You think I'd just forget about New Years? Well, I didn't and this is the first treat of 2017.

Enjoy ;)

p.s. ...we hit 5k, thank you <3

~~~~~~

C H A P T E R
T W E N T Y - T W O:
you're ungainly

~~~~~~

M A T C H E S

"You look very happy today, Matches. Something good happen?"

Avoiding eye contact as Yel pulls out the cream, I shake my head, "No." I answer simply, thinking of that good thing that happened.

After we kissed for a while and he got a little hands-y, Livator yawned and I thought was the point where we needed to stop and sleep. Liv shook his head, surpressing another yawn and I couldn't help smiling, kissing his eyelids as he tiredly leaned against me. He tried to stop me from picking him up, his legs wrapped around my waist, his arms lazily clutching my back.

I carried him up the stairs, having a mini heart attack when he struggled against me and almost fell. I barely noticed a guy walking down the steps. He was about my height, his straggly hair a light gray, his blue eyes watching as I carried my mate up the stairs. He didn't say anything, just watched us as I held him tighter, a brief connection of eyes and then I prayed he wouldn't notice Liv, prayed that this dude wouldn't make fun of my mate in the morning. I prayed he wouldn't hurt him in anyway because I wouldn't know what I'd do.

Trying to stop my worry from surfacing, I heard Liv mumble something about wanting to kiss again, and I grinned, him kissing my neck softly as I made it to the third floor. He shook his head, lifting it and pushing himself up in my arms, staring at me tiredly. Smiling, I walked down the hall towards his room, Liv looking annoyed as he played with the hairs at the nape of my neck, his eyes dropping.

Thinking about his drowsy yawn made me smile at the cuteness. He was so adorable and I loved every second up to the point where I had to leave him in his room.

He pulled my hand before I could leave, causing me to turn back towards him. Liv wriggled in his sheets, sitting up slightly and pulling me towards him. I kissed him gently, pushing his hair out of his face and squeezed his hand. My mate fell asleep soon afterwards, mumbling some joke about 50 Shades of Grey.

Of course I'd be a little more than happy. About Liv, not 50 shades.

"You saw Livator, didn't you?"

My smile dropped and I was ready to defend but he shook his head, "Your mark was red today. That means you've been scratching it or you recently came in contact with your mate." He gave me a knowing look with a little raise of an eyebrow, "I may be a hundred and twenty six, but I know what's going on."

I dropped my head, flinching when he applied the cream. "Sorry." I mumbled.

He chuckled, "You're not sorry at all."

Okay, maybe I wasn't. He smiled, pulling off his gloves and wobbling over to the trash can. "Just...try not to get caught."

"Huh?"

His smirk told me everything, "Oh, and there's something else." Yel held up a hand, signaling for me to put my shirt back on, "Your muscle growth has been exceptionally increasing lately. Have you been exercising more?"