Chapter 21 - Let him go

Jacks POV - 

John entered the small room with a grin spread across his face, that always sent a shiver down my spine, as his distance became less between us I began to stroke Ianto's soft face. John knocked me out unsurprisingly when i awoke Ianto and I were laying against a cold surface, "I hope you ad eye-candy don't mind the cold" John called out as a door swung shut, the noise of the closing door was followed by the sound of it being locked. I looked around and instantly knew where I was. "Shit! Ianto wake up we need to get out of here" i said with an urgent tone, Ianto opened his eye and looked up at me, he shook his head "no point, they locked the door" his voice was laced with pain which made me want to leave here even soon. 

I was in the walk-in freezer with Ianto for around 15 minutes before I saw Ianto's pale complexion going even paler, his eyes were constantly shutting as though he was going to go to sleep, i sat down next to him and took off my coat. "Take this Ianto, you need another layer" my vocal chords strained as I spoke, Ianto shook his head refusing the coat "what about you? you need to stay warm too otherwise - otherwise you will die" Ianto's teeth chattered against each other. The very reason I loved Ianto was because of sentences like that, he knew I couldn't die, but he would never let me die to save himself, although it can also be annoying in situations like this.

"Ianto, we both know I can't die, you need this more then I do" my voice had a slight hint of anger, Ianto stood up and looked down at me and began to shout "and what happens if you don't wake up? what happens if you actually die? I'll tell you what will happen I will have to lose another person that I love! So thanks, but I would rather not risk it" I felt as if I had tears falling down my face but it was too cold for any to form properly. 

After the time hit 4 hours Ianto was resting his head on my lap, he kept trying to fall asleep but i refused to let him do so, he was too cold to move so i threw my army coat over him creating an extra layer, at first he tried to move away, but the energy he had was draining quickly, he could hardly breath as the only air present felt like it originated it the antarctic. I felt like my skin was binding to the floor which was more painful then any past experiences that I had ... actually the most painful part was not having to constantly rib my skin away from the floor but seeing Ianto slowly fading away in my arms. We both were on the verge of falling asleep, when Ianto's eyes shut i shook his shoulders "Ianto you can't close your eyes, you have to stay awake" I whispered, Ianto nodded his head "I am awake" he clearly sounded like his was about to go asleep any second.

The room suddenly began to rise in temperature, and by the time it hit 5 hours in the small walk-in freezer it felt more like an oven, I heard John shouting through the door "I have heard that changing temperature constantly from freezing to boiling is one of the most painful tortures as well as causing even more health problems, do you like my new instalment, this room is now also an oven as well as a freezer, you should be honoured, I did this update for you especially".

Once we was in the room for two more hours Ianto was still laying on the floor coughing and strangling to breath, I hated to see him like this, he had stripped down to just his vest and boxers, i would usually made a sarcastic comment to keep his spirit high but the heat was agonising, i couldn't think straight and having him look like he was about to pass out didn't help me much. After repeating the painful cycle of cold to hot Ianto and I was dragged to the room, I went over to Ianto placing my arm around him to give him comfort, we both fell asleep rather quickly because of the exhaustion.

I woke to Ianto sitting up coughing and finding it difficult to breath, my body already healed itself but Ianto could be suffering from pneumonia or anything really and that terrified me, I rubbed his back to try and calm him down which seemed to work. We need to get out of here before Ianto becomes to ill to get better!

A/N: 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I'm going to finish the book off soon and I may start a sequel during the holiday. 

Thank You 

Clare xoxo