Chapter 1

I forget where I am when I first open my eyes. The gray walls and boxes made me think I was still asleep. But when I realized I wasn't, it just made me want to be even more. You know the first 5 seconds when your brain hasn't wrapped around whats real and whats not? I always think those are the best seconds of the day. when I'm not Violet, the new girl in town or the girl with the dead dad but I'm just a human being. nothing more nothing less. But then the seconds pass and reality kicks me in the ass.

"Get up! GET UP. If you miss your bus I will walk into the school with you and be one of those embarrassing moms who says 'I love you.' way too loud"

As much as I love my soft, cozy, warm, bed the four minutes of loud music blasting through my headphones on the ride to hell in a bus filled with teenagers, was the only "me" time I can get. So I throw some jeans and a random shirt on and get out of that house before the annoying little brat manages to find a way to ruin my morning. Before my father decided to get behind a steering wheel drunk, he decided to leave a child as a goodbye gift. Worse than all the cheesy Christmas gifts combined. It may have been different if the brat (I forget he actually has a name 99% of the time, well 'The Brat' is his official name in my brain.) was born before my dad died. But of course, while my mother was busy mourning I was stuck with the kid. I managed to get out the house without running into him or my mom. It was her first day too. When I asked her why we were leaving she said we need a New house, New job, New school, and sadly a New life. 

I get on the bus and only 12 people were on. The only thing you can hear was my feet until I sit in a seat in the middle and turn my music up. The next stop only one person came on the bus. He had blonde hair and looked pretty tall. He stares at me until he sits in the seat two rows back. I go back to looking out the window until we get to the school. When I finally manage to find my homeroom and sit down I feel eyes watching me. The blonde from the bus was on top of a desk and was in a group of girls who looked like they took to much time to perfect their eyeliners and OOTD photos and boys who look like football douches. As I predicted: that's exactly who they were. Once I took out my headphones I figured out that they were the group that everyone either wanted to be or hated. So pretty much the popular kids in the movies. The blonde was the captain of the football team. Who would have guessed? I ended up having every class with them. And every class I felt the same pair of eyes on me. At the end of the day I was at my locker and I saw him at his locker across the hall and of course, he was staring at me. I slammed my locker (more dramatically than I meant to but an effect is an effect right?) and start to walk up to him. "what the hell is your problem? Do I have something on my face or something, What's your deal?" He takes a moment to respond but he manages to spit some words out. "Do I know you?" After a good eye roll, I turned around , grabbed my stuff and left before I humiliate myself some more. 

When I get home I am halfway up the stairs when my mother calls me from the kitchen. She is cooking meat so I assume we are having tacos and get the tortillas and cheese. "How was your first day?" she asks in a polite motherly way which is odd since she never cares about how I'm doing at school. "fine I guess. how was your new job?" She gives a fake smile and says fine. I would have asked what's wrong but before I could do anything she starts to tear up and goes upstairs. I finish making dinner and leave it out on the table for the brat and my mom. This was pretty much my life for 3 years. I finally go upstairs and fall asleep while listening to music.

The next day I don't look at him and he doesn't look at me.  The first half of the day went by fast. Then came gym.  I see the girls who hang out with the blonde across the gym in a corner talking. Everyone gossips in this class so I overhear a lot of shit people talk about. I overhear a short girl who put way to much makeup on for a normal day of school, say that their names are Anita, Abigail, and Rosemary. We were all in line to do the pacer test and I got stuck in a group with Abigail. She wasn't as pretty up close. She had a lot of acne but covers most of it with makeup. She has short brown hair and has gym clothes on. Not like shorts and a regular t-shirt, but the outfit that you see people who work at Planet Fitness wear. Her hair was up in a ponytail with a lot of flyaways and her eyeliner was smudged. You can't tell because of her glasses unless you are very close to her which sadly I was.  "Violet Addison and Abigail Wilson you're up next"