Chapter Twenty One - Good News!

NIALL POV:

The day went on and we didn't really do anything but watch movies and a Twitcam. The fans were really glad that Louis was doing better.

But I didn't know about Harry posting the picture up on Twitter until people brought it up on the Twitcam.

"So what did you and Liam do last night Niall?"  One said.

"Are there going to be some Niam babies?" See that doesn’t even make sense. 

When we shut off the Twitcam, I went all out on Harry.

"WHY THE HELL DID YOU POST A PICTURE OF ME AND LIAM?" I say, raising my voice. 

"I'm sorry Ni. I didn't know it would upset you so much!" 

We got over it after a little. I mean, who can stay mad at Harry? It's like not possible!

So the lights are out and everyone has been in bed except for Liam and me. We stayed up and watched a movie together. 

"Liam?" I ask.

"Yeah Ni?" 

"What did you mean last night when you said that you waited a long time for this?" I ask.

Liam looks at me confused. 

"Remember? When we stopped- kissing- you said something like you waited a long time for this?" I say.

"Oh. Well, I have liked you since I laid eyes on you. I knew that there was something there, but it got stronger as we stayed together longer. I just didn't know how to tell you. I thought you would think I am some sort of weirdo."

"No," I say. "I- I have liked you since the beginning too. I just wish I would have told you," I say. 

"Well, now we know," Liam says. 

I start tearing up. I think of what happened to Louis and Harry and how they found out they loved each other. 

"Hey, Ni, It’s okay! What’s wrong?" Liam says.

"It- It’s just that Louis hasn't really gotten any better in the past couple of days. What if he doesn't make it?" I ask tearing up. 

"Hey, don't say that. He will make it through. I can feel it." Liam says. 

Liam pulls me over and I kinda just rest my head on his shoulder. He grabs my hand which kind of shocks me but I go with it. I won't complain one bit.

I can't say I love him yet because I don't know what it is like to be in a relationship with him. But it is just as close as love. What I am feeling that is. 

I hear Liam click off the TV and the room goes completely dark. I close my eyes and peacefully fall asleep. It did take a while though. Probably thirty minutes? But I think Liam thought I was asleep so he started talking. 

"I will never let anyone hurt you. I love you with all my heart. I just wish you knew that."

And with that I fall asleep. 

*****

I wake up and the others are still asleep. Zayn is quietly snoring, and Louis heart monitor is beeping. I can feel Liam resting his head on top of mine. I look down and our entwined hands are resting on my thigh. 

I still can't believe that I told Liam how I felt. I finally could tell him. It did feel good knowing how he felt. I just hope everything works out for Haz and Lou.

"Morning Ni," Liam says. 

"Morning," I say back with a smile.

"How did you sleep?"