Twenty Four - The Train

LOUIS POV:

I wake up the next morning, well rested. I am safe in Harry’s arms. I am glad to be back at our place. 

I pick Harry's arm up, intending to get out of bed and head to the bathroom, but that didn't happen.

I pick his arm up and he squeezes me against him. 

"No, stay," he says in his sleepy voice. 

"Haz," I say. "I don't want to leave either but I need to pee."

He gives me a quick kiss before I get up. 

I go crawl into the bathroom and do my business but right before I walk out, it hits me. Everything that I was told in the office room yesterday. That if word got out, I couldn't see Haz anymore. I shake my head and say to myself, 'I won't let that happen'. 

I crawl back out and climb back into bed, facing Harry. 

"Time to wake up Haz," I say. 

He opens his eyes and smiles at me. 

"How'd you sleep?" He asks me.

"Wonderful! Anything is better than that hospital bed," I say.

He laughs and pecks me on the forehead. 

"Do you want to go out for breakfast?" Harry asks.

"Sure!" I say excitedly.

"Where do you want to go?" he asks. "Your pick!"

"What about that new Pancake place down the street?" I ask. 

"Sounds good!"

We get up and harry helps me with getting dressed for the upcoming day. It is about 10 in the morning as we pull off for breakfast.

The car ride was pretty quiet, but it was nice. It is only a 3 or 4 minute drive from our house.

We get out of the car and Harry pushes me in.

"Hi," The waiter began. "How ma-"

She looks like she is about to explode when she sees us, but she composes herself and finishes what she was saying.

"How many?" she asks.

"Just us two," Harry says.

She grabs two menus and walks us to a far table in the back to help with us getting too much attention. Before we sat down, we each gave her a hug and Harry sits in the chair. 

"This char is getting to be an inconvenience," I say jokingly. 

"I don't mind it," harry says. "It means I have to spend more time with you, helping you around and I don't like being away from you." 

I smile at him but try to hide my blushing with the menu. Our waiter walks up and takes our drink order. Two cokes. 

"So what are you having?" Harry asks me. 

"I think I am going to get the chocolate chip pancakes," I say smiling. 

"Me too!" harry says. We put down our menus and the waiter comes back and takes the order. 

"So Haz," I begin. “I was thinking that it would be good if I went up and visited with my family for a few days."

Harry's smile instantly dropped.

"I mean with all that just happened, I think it would be good to give them a surprise visit."

"Yeah, that would be fine," Harry says, sounding slightly sad.

"But I want you to come with me," I say and Harry instantly brightens up. "I mean, I would never go anywhere without you!"

"Yay!" Harry cheers. "When are we leaving?" 

"Well, I was thinking of leaving today. But I know it is short notice and if you want to leave later on this week that is fine," I say.

"No, today is great!" He says.

We both cheer enthusiastically as our food arrives at our table. These are the best Chocolate chip pancakes I have ever tasted. Probably the best thing so far! 

***** 

We are back at our flat, packing our bags for the trip ahead. I decided to take the train because it is more convenient and it gives Haz and me some time together. 

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I ask Harry. 

"Yeah! I mean why I wouldn’t?" He asks. 

"It’s just you will have to put up with my sisters and all," I say. 

"Lou, I don’t mind. I just don’t want to be away from you," he says smiling at me. 

"Alright," I say with a huge smile. 

Harry goes and calls Paul, who agreed to pick us up and drop us off at the station. 

I roll over to the bathroom to pack my toothbrush and all. 

"Harry?"

"Yeah Boo?"

"Where is the toothpaste?" I ask.

"Already packed it!"

Okay well that’s one less thing I have to pack. 

I roll back over to my suitcase and zip it up. I attempt to pull it off the bed, but when I do, I slip out if my chair and fall on the floor, my suitcase falling on my back. 

"OUCH! DAMMIT!" I scream. 

Harry comes running into the room. 

"Louis?! What-" 

I am pushing the suitcase off of my back and harry comes over and lifts it back up on the bed. 

Harry picks me up off of the floor and sets me on the bed. 

"Are you alright? What happened?" Harry asks worried. 

"I was trying to pull my suitcase down off of the bed and I slipped out of my chair," I say rubbing my back. 

Harry sits next to me and gently rubs the sore spot on my back. 

"Boo, please stop trying to do everything yourself. I don't want you any more hurt than you already are. I am willing to help you do everything you need me to," harry says. 

"I just feel like you are going to get annoyed quickly and you have to put up with it till I’m better. I just don’t want you to leave me," I say tearing up. 

"Hey, don’t say that," he says pulling me into a hug. "If I thought it was annoying or didn’t like it, I wouldn't be here. I love you more than you can imagine Boo. I never want to lose you and don’t think for a second that I won’t want to help you through this."

"Well alright," I say. 

Harry gives me a quick kiss and helps me back into the chair. 

"Haz," I say. "Do you think we could put a pillow on the seat? I understand why no one likes the chair."

"Sure," Harry says laughing. 

He lifts me up and I put the extra pillow from the bed under my butt and Harry sits me back down. 

"Much better," I say. 

We hear the doorbell ring and harry grabs both suitcases and I roll myself behind him to the door. Harry opens the door and Paul is waiting on the other side with an SUV running behind him. 

"Ready to go?" Paul asks. 

"Yep. I’ll get Louis if you get the bags," harry says. 

Harry picks me up out of the chair and walks me to the middle of the car and I open the door so he can set me down on the seat. He runs back in and gets my chair and throws it in the trunk and shuts it. Harry gets in tube car and Paul pulls off to the train station.

"Just a fair warning," I say to harry, "My mom told my sisters about us, so be prepared for a whole lot of screaming when we walk in."

Harry laughs saying, "Alright!"

*******

About 45 minutes later, we arrive at the station and thank Paul for dropping us off. We say our goodbyes and head in the small building to wait on the train. 

"Which car are we in?" I ask, leaning over on Harry’s shoulder. 

"Let me see," he says, pulling out our tickets. "Second to last. We will board at section 'E'."

"And what about our seats?" I ask.

"32 and 33.  I am hoping those are next to each other," He says. 

"I am assuming that they are. But won't I have to sit in the back where the wheelchair can fit?" I ask.

"No, I called the station after I called Paul and they said that I can just store your chair in the back and you can sit in your normal seat," Harry says.

"Oh good," I say. "I was worried that I would have to spend the whole ride alone."

"No, I wouldn't let them do that to you," He says pecking me on the forehead. 

We hear the train pulling up to the station so we get up and I roll down the ramp and over to section E while Harry takes care of the two suitcases. 

The train comes to a screeching stop and one of the people that work on the train lower this weird chair that I sat in that lifted me up 10 feet onto the train. Then a person carried up the wheelchair and harry got the suitcases. 

Harry leaves the suitcases in the back with the chair and he picks me up out of the weird lift chair thing and carries me to my seat. 

We hear a whole bunch of 'AWWW LARRY!' and 'OHMYGOD IT IS HARRY AND LOUIS!’ The people who work the train told them not to bother us and thankfully they obeyed for the most part. They took several pictures with their phones.

All of a sudden my phone buzzed. 

I pull it out and I unlock it and twitter opens up. One of the people on here tweeted a picture of us sitting on the train and it says "Looks like there is some Larry action going on here. Might get serious soon!"

I look at the angle that the picture was taken and found the girl that did that. I notified one of the people that walk the isles and she was moved from her seat to a different car where she couldn't be near us. 

I honestly don’t mind going on public transit like this. Just sometimes, you will get that one occasional person who will go overboard with the whole thing. 

"So how long is this train ride?" Harry asks. 

"Four hours since we are slightly behind schedule," I say. 

I pull out my laptop from my book bag and put in the movie, 'Grown Ups'. It will give us something to pass the time on the train. 

We shared some laughs during the movie. Once the movie was over, Harry grabbed a blanked because he noticed I was slightly shivering. They kept the Train extremely cold!

Harry put the blanket over both of us and He lifted the arm rest between us and scooted over so our bodies were touching.

"Jeezs Haz, you’re warm!" I say.

"And you are freezing Lou. Like un normally cold," He says. 

I entwine my legs in Harrys and lay my head on his shoulder. 

Right as I fell asleep, the tracks had a huge bump in them and the whole train went flying up in the air and I woke up flailing everywhere.

"Louis, Louis! Calm down. Your fine." Harry says. 

"Oh okay. Just kind of scared me," I say.

Right as I calm back down, the conductor comes on the intercom and says, "Attention passengers, we are approaching our stop at Doncaster."

"You ready Haz?" I ask.

"I sure am," He says with a smile.