Flashbacks

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Cara!?" Isabel screamed at her, Cara jumped out of her skin at how loud she was, guess that means the sisterly moment is over. "Out of all the places you could have put it you decide to put it with the stake?" Isabel asked quietly and then marched out to the hallway where the painting was. She took the painting down and sure enough the safe was there, she started looking around for the key. When she couldn't find it she got very frustrated and attempted to punch the safe but shouted in pain when her knuckles collided with it. Cara walked in with the key in hand and noticed Isabel holding her right hand in pain.

 "What happened to you?" Cara exclaimed and ran over to her trying to help her but Isabel pushed her away.

 "The stupid safe is rigged, who else has been in here?" Isabel asked, Cara walked in front of the safe and raised an eyebrow.

 "Nobody's been in here but us and Mike, but we put the stake in the safe the other night and he hasn't been there since." Cara explained, Isabel stood next to her sister and sighed while shaking her head.

 "I bet it has something to do with the Mikaelsons." Isabel grumbled, Cara looked at her and frowned.

 "Have any of them been in the house? Did you invite anyone in, not just the Mikaelsons but anyone." Cara asked, Isabel stopped and thought about it then shook her head.

 "What about you, any sign of Mikaelsons or anyone else, what about Mike?" Cara sighed in anger at the suggestion of Mike's name, but then her eyes widened.

 "Katherine." She whispered, quickly she took the key and took a deep breath before forcing herself to put the key in the hole. She screeched in pain but kept going, she turned the lock and let go of the key, she took deep breaths again before grabbing the handle and opening the door. Isabel looked into the safe while Cara leaned against the wall looking at her red hand, she then looked at Isabel who had her arm in the safe trying to locate the stake and the cure. She took out the stake and Cara let out a shaky breath then watched as Isabel's eyes widened.

 "The cure is gone." Isabel breathed, Cara shook her head and moved Isabel out of the way to search every inch of the safe.

 "That bitch!" Cara exclaimed and kicked the wall, she grabbed the stake off Isabel and placed it carefully into the safe then slammed the door and quickly locked it through the pain. Cara stormed into the kitchen and hid the key in a small compartment under the table.

 "How did Katherine even get in here?" Isabel asked as she followed Cara into the kitchen who was now pouring herself a glass of wine.

 "When you were away and I moved back here I met Katherine at the grill, we started talking and after a few drinks we-"

 "You're not about to tell me you done 'IT' with Katherine are you?" Isabel interrupted her, Cara's eyes widened in shock then made a disgusted face.

 "NO! Ew, no! I was going to say we became friends of some sort, but I did do someone that night, here, in the house, as did Katherine, here, in the house." Cara finished slowly not wanting to say too much.

 "But there's only two bedrooms in this house?" Isabel questioned, Cara chuckled then looked at her sister guiltily.

 "I didn't expect you were staying so Katherine and Chris kind of..." She trailed the end of her sentence when she saw her sister raise the side of her top lip in disgust.

 "KATHERINE PIERCE HAD SEX IN MY BEDROOM!?" Isabel screamed, Cara couldn't supress her chuckle. "That's it, I've had enough for one night! I'm going to sleep, in the living room, ON THE SOFA!" Isabel announced as she walked out the kitchen door.