Always

In the hospital, I was greeted by a lady. She tried to get me into a hospital room for my hands but I stubbornly refused. "Brynn! Come on! Quit being so stubborn!" Hunter commanded. I completely ignored him. "Why are we here then?!" He threw his hands in the air, obviously frustrated with me. "Why have we come to the hospital if you are hurt and refuse to be helped?!" I pulled him in close to me.
"My aunt is in one of these rooms, dying. The woman who took me in when my mother left. So I don't care what the hell all these idiots say, I'm not leaving my dying aunt!" I whispered in his ear. Then I had to try very hard not to cry. Hunter got us in to my Aunt Lorie's room. Then he left me alone with her.
She slowly opened her eyes when I put my hand on her forehead. "What happened?!" She asked. I looked down at my hands. "Your the one in the hospital bed!" I answered. I held her hand as she said, "It's not your fault. Don't ever think that for one second!" I began to cry softly. "Don't leave me. Please!" She squeezed my hand. "Everyone dies. I'll always be with you."
"Stop! Don't leave me! Don't go! What will I do?! Aunt Lorie?! Aunt Lorie?!"
"It's not your fault. I love you." She said. I looked at her and noticed something...it was small, but it was there. A small, clear tear rolled down her cheek and that's when I noticed...she was gone. Just like that. Gone forever. "Aunt Lorie...I love you!"
Hunter came in shortly after that. He held me and we just stared at my aunt. I cried in his chest.
"Stay with me!" I said to him.

"Always."