chapter 2

The next morning, they met at the airport with Cherry and were all set, they got into the plane and they were on their way. Emily sat with Darla while Atticus sat with Cherry.

And as for Patch, well....

"I can't believe I had to be put in with the luggage." Patch groaned.

"Sorry, little buddy, but it's dog policy." a voice said.

Patch looked around for the source of the voice.

"Over here!" the voice said.

There was a familiar scruffy dog with a flea. "Well, well, well... Long time no see."

"Pugsy!" Patch smiled at the dog. "Frankie!"

"What are you doing here?" Frankie asked.

"I could ask you the same question." Patch replied.

"Just travelin' as always," Pugsley replied with a small smile. "Heard about ya in the papers with that cat and mouse, kid, I bet that orphan girl was glad to find out about her old man, huh?"

"Oh, you won't believe it..." Patch smiled, remembering that. "You should've been there."

"Wish we were." Frankie said.

"Yeah, me too." Patch said. "My family and I are going to Hawaii."

"Have a good time, buddy," Pugsley smiled. "We're goin' to someplace called Nevada."

"Never heard of it," Patch said. "But I hope you both have a great time there."

"Have a good time in Hawaii, buddy," Frankie smiled to the Dalmatian puppy. "Ya tell Tom and Jerry we said hi if ya ever see 'em again!"'

"Can do." Patch promised the mutt dog and French flea.

While they got acquainted, Atticus was getting some sleep.

"Night, Atticus..." Cherry told her best friend as she was nearly getting to sleep, but not as quickly as she weakly and slowly chewed on her gum.

Atticus mumbled a good night greeting as he drifted off to sleep. Cherry stared out the window, then hid a strange glance. She could had sworn that she saw a spaceship entering the Earth's atmosphere. She just shrugged it off as her wild imagination and let her mind wander as they took off. Everyone got their beauty sleep.

"Pineapple Princess~" Emily sang in her sleep. "He calls me Pineapple Princess all day, As he plays his ukulele on hill above the bay, Pineapple Princess, I love you, you're the sweetest girl I've ever seen, Some day we're gonna marry and you'll be my Pineapple Queen~"

"Oh, you mean this muscles, Mo?" Atticus said in his sleep. "Yeah, I've been working out a lot."

"Oh, Urchin, I promise, someday we'll be together forever..." Darla cooed in her sleep.

"These people are going to make me sick..." Cherry mumbled.

The mumbling was interrupted as Atticus had a vision of what was gonna go on in Hawaii in the future. The vision was blurry at first, but Atticus could see a young girl around Darla's age with black hair swimming through the ocean and she seemed to be giving a peanut butter sandwich to a fish.

"Giving a fish a sandwich?" Atticus asked.

'Atticus... It appears you have a mysterious adventure...' a female voice said.

"Boy, do I?" Atticus replied, then looked around. "Who said that?"

'You don't remember?' the female voice rhetorically asked.

Atticus swam up to the surface when he saw a tail fin in the water and came up to see a familiar mermaid sitting on the rocks. "Aunt Athena!"

Athena hugged her nephew. "I've missed you so much... How's your mother?"

"She's doing great, we're on our way to Hawaii." Atticus smiled.

"I hope you have lots and lots of fun," Athena smiled back to him. "I can already tell your sister Darla is going to make a new friend who has much more to her than meets the eye which she will discover someday."

"How do you mean?" Atticus asked.

"Well, she does not know this yet, but she'll have great powers when she grows up," Athena explained. "She is descended from the volcano goddess known as Pele."

"Wow." Atticus smiled.

"Poor girl deserves so much better." Athena said.

"Why?" Atticus then asked. "What's wrong?"

"She's mercilessly bullied and excluded in her class," Athena explained. "They all say she's too different and weird... Especially their leader friend who moved here herself from New York City who thinks she's all that."

"Can boys join hula class?" Atticus asked, having a feeling he might need to make sure the bully leader wouldn't cause trouble for anyone.

"It's mostly for girls and you're a little too old, no offense, dear, but I'm sure the Kumu will like a helping hand." Athena said.

Atticus raised a brow. "Kumu?"

"Oh, my apologies, that's Hawaiian for teacher," Athena replied. "The teacher's name is Moses Puloki."

"Moses Puloki, got it." Atticus said, remembering the name.

"Trust me, this will be no normal Hawaiian vacation." Athena told her nephew.

"Nothing is normal anymore, Aunt Athena..." Atticus said. "Visiting Cousin Wendy told me that normal gets weird sometimes."

"And where she's right." Athena said.

"Oh.... Yeah..." Atticus remembered his vacation in Gravity Falls.

"You're a very special boy," Athena smiled. "That's why you have a lot of these adventures."

"Yeah, I know about the legend." Atticus said.

"You do me so proud..." Athena smiled. "And thank you for making Ariel happy when she fell in love with Prince Eric, even if Triton didn't take it well..."

"Did you like humans too, Aunt Athena?" Atticus asked.

"I liked some, but your mother was more interested in humans," Athena replied. "That's how she met your father and she wanted to live on land... There was a price though, she couldn't come back under the sea as much until we worked things out and you guys visit Atlantica during the summer."

"I guess Ariel got the love of humans and their stuff from Mom." Atticus said.

"It seems so..." Athena giggled. "Oh, I miss your mother so much."

"She misses you too..." Atticus said softly.

"I'll be sure to come in a dream of hers in the future." Athena promised.

"I'm sure that will make her really happy." Atticus smiled.

"I'm sure too..." Athena smiled. "I have to get going now, but remember what I said."

"I'm sure I will." Atticus promised.

"Oh, I should warn you..." Athena said. "Your sister's new friend is going to adopt a pet... And it's... Not of this world..."

"How do you mean?" Atticus asked.

"It's.... It's..." Athena replied.

"Alien." Cherry said.

Atticus woke up from his vision and looked over. "Huh?"

"That's the movie they're showing," Cherry said as she had her eyes forward. "Alien. You wanna watch?"

"Uh, no thanks." Atticus said.

"Suit yourself." Cherry replied stoically.

Atticus sighed as she had interrupted his vision, but tried to think about what his aunt said as they flew in the air.