chapter 9

"Nani, did you lose your job because of me and Stitch?" Lilo asked her older sister once they arrived at her house.

"Nah," Nani replied, looking down back at her little sister. "The manager's a vampire and he wanted me to join his legion of the undead."

Lilo stared down. "I knew it..." she then whispered.

Nani opened the front door and turned on the light to welcome them all home.

"This is a great home," Lilo told Stitch. "You'll like it a lot."

Stitch sniffed the room and lowly hissed.

"See?" Lilo took that as a sign of approval.

"Uh... Lilo?" Nani called nervously.

"This is a new experience for him." Patch whispered.

"Comfy." Lilo handed a pillow to Stitch.

Stitch grabbed the pillow and started to rip and tear at it.

"Hey!" Lilo took it and put it back.

Stitch then came into the kitchen, he saw the blender and tried to play with it, but it made the juice inside of it splash him.

"Hey, what is the matter with you!?" Nani grabbed Stitch and turned off the blender.

"Stitch, please try to control yourself." Patch growled.

"Be careful of the little angel!" Lilo warned her sister.

"It's not an angel, Lilo, I don't think it's even a dog!" Nani retorted. "We just have to take him back."

"He's just cranky because it's his bedtime." Lilo said.

"He's creepy, Lilo," Nani reminded. "I won't sleep while he's loose in the house!"

Stitch glared at Darla and scanned at her like she were a possible threat.

"You're loose in the house all the time and I sleep just fine!" Lilo argued.

"Um, hello, boy, nice, uh, dog." Darla said, trying to pet Stitch.

Stitch glanced at her. Darla winced, then petted him gently on the head, fearing for her life. Stitch blinked, then seemed to like that and smiled to her with his ears drooping slightly. This caused for Darla and Patch to smile, happy to know that Stitch liked to be pet.

"Look at him, Lilo!" Nani grabbed the alien away from Darla.

"Hey!" Darla pouted.

"He's obviously mutated from someone else," Nani told her sister. "We have to take him back."

"He was an orphan and we adopted him!" Lilo suddenly shouted. "What about O'hana?!"

Patch began to pull on her pant leg, trying to stop her from taking Stitch away.

"He hasn't been here that long!" Nani defended, struggling now as Patch was being difficult. "Darla, control your dog before I take him back too!"

"Neither have I!" Lilo stomped her foot. "Dad said O'hana means family!"

Nani opened the door, only slightly. Patch, Stitch, and Darla looked curious of what Lilo said. This caused Nani to close the door after Lilo mentioned O'hana meant family.

"O'hana means family... Family means--" Lilo was about to continue.

'Nobody gets left behind." Nani said, finishing for her.

"Or?" Lilo prompted.

"Or forgotten," Nani sighed. "I know, I know... I hate it when you use 'O'hana' against me."