chapter 17

David and Emily helped the others to shore as promised and this whole mess was cleared up.

"So, you're from outer space, huh?" David asked Stitch. "I heard the surfing's choice"

However, before anything else could be said or done, there were alien guards who resembled dinosaurs who were taking Stitch and the Grand Councilwoman was also there.

"Let him go!" Darla glared.

"Hold on." Cobra told her, making a mysterious/surprise appearance with Patrick.

"Dad?" Atticus and Darla whispered.

"Grand Councilwoman, let me explain," Gantu came up to the alien woman who was in charge of everything.

"SILENCE!" the councilwoman hissed. "I am retiring you, Captain Gantu."

"As in you're firing him?" Darla asked.

"Yes." the Grand Councilwoman replied.

"Actually..." Pleakley spoke up. "Credit for the capture goes to--"

"Goes to me..." the Grand Councilwoman cut him off sharply. "You'll be lucky if you end up on a Fluff Trog farm after we sort this thing out."

Jumba and Pleakley backed up together nervously and quietly.

"I think I should..." Jumba said while trying to get away.

"You!" the Grand Councilwoman called to him. "You're the cause of all this! If it wasn't for your Experiment 626, none of this--"

"Stitch." the alien creation corrected.

The alien woman turned to him. "What?"

"My name Stitch." Stitch explained, liking that name better than 'Experiment 626'.

"Stitch, then," the Grand Councilwoman then returned to her motivation. "If it wasn't for Stitch..." She stopped herself, surprised that the experiment now named as Stitch had talked.

"Does Stitch have to go in the ship?" Stitch asked.

"Yes..." the Grand Councilwoman replied with slight patience.

"Can Stitch say goodbye?" Stitch then asked.

The Grand Councilwoman glanced at him. "Yes..."

"Thank you." Stitch replied, walking over to the Pelekai sisters.

Lilo and Nani hugged the blue alien once he came over to them.

"Who are you...?" the Grand Councilwoman stared at the two.

Stitch looked over to the woman, deciding to explain. "This is my family... I found it all on my own... It's little and broken... But still good..."

Nani gently put her arm around Lilo.

"Yeah..." Stitch nodded. "Still good..." he then smiled one last time to his family and went to get on the ship to be taken away forever.

"Does Stitch really have to go?" Darla frowned.

"Our laws are absolute," the Grand Councilwoman replied. "I cannot change what the council has decided."

"Lilo," Patrick looked down to his adoptive daughter's newest friend. "Didn't you buy your... Erm... 'Pet' at the shelter?"

That made Lilo think of something and she rushed right over to the alien woman. "Hey!"

This caught the Councilwoman's attention as she looked down at the Hawaiian girl.