Fragments of Hope

"Skye! Lincoln!" Coulson yelled as he dug through the wreckage. "Please don't be dead, please don't be dead," he thought. Suddenly he heard a noise. He rushed to the spot and saw Daisy's upper body sticking out from under a large piece of wood. "Skye!" He ran over to her and lifted the piece of wood off of her then went to her side. "Skye, wake up!" He breathed a sigh of relief when he heard her mumble. "What was that?" He asked. Her eyes fluttered open. "It's Daisy."
"You're awake!" He exclaimed. "We need to get you medical atten-" "Coulson." She sat up. "Where's Lincoln?" Coulson's eyes filled with horror as he realized Lincoln was still missing. "We need to find him," Daisy said as she stood up. "Daisy, wait. You need medical attention!"
"No. I need to find him." They searched frantically until they finally spotted his foot sticking out from under some wreckage. Daisy gasped and began desperately pulling wreckage off of him. "Coulson, help me!" She pleaded. He rushed over to help. Finally they removed the last piece to reveal his bloody and battered body underneath. Daisy sunk to her knees beside him, began sobbing, and gently laid a hand on Lincoln's shoulder. "I'll get the medical crew," Coulson said. He started to turn to leave, but froze when he spotted the ring on her hand. She turned and noticed what he was looking at. "Daisy," he started.
"He had just proposed. We were going to kiss and then this happened..." She trailed off. Coulson placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder and said, "It will be okay. He will be okay." He said those words to comfort her, but he did not truly believe them in his heart.