The Fight

Daisy looked around, bewildered. She squinted and tried to make out where everyone was, but she couldn't see anything.

    "Lincoln!" She yelled. No response.

  "What happened to the lights!" Toby exclaimed.

    Suddenly she could hear commotion close by, but she couldn't tell what was going on. There was a flash of light, but she wasn't sure where it came from.

     She struggled against her restraints, but to no avail.

    "Lincoln!" She yelled again. 

    "Daisy?" she heard Lincoln's weak voice say. She breathed a sigh of relief.

    "What's happening?" She asked.

    "I don't know. I can't see!"

    Suddenly she heard a voice whispering in her ear.

      "Toby's gone for the moment. We only have a little bit of time." It sounded like Fitz.

   "What happened to the lights?" Daisy asked.

     "I used a small EMP. One sec- I've got a device which will be able to get the cuffs off. This might sting."

     Dasiy winced as she felt a slight sting, then the cuffs fell off. She rubbed her wrists and pulled off the inhibitors. Daisy stood up, squinting into the blackness. She could barely make out several figures in the darkness.

    She felt a hand clasp hers.

   She whirled around and got ready to attack.

  "Daisy. It's me," she heard Lincoln whisper.

    Daisy breathed a sigh of relief and threw her arms around him. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her.

  "Do you know what's happening?" she asked when they finally broke apart.

   He shook his head.

   "Fitz got my cuffs off, but all he told me was that Toby was gone for a bit. I don't know where anyone else is, or Simmons."

   Daisy sighed.

   "What do we do?"

    "My eyes are adjusting- I see some people on the left side of the room. Fitz got my inhibitors off. I think I can make out who is who..."

   "Me too. Let's go. But are you strong enough?"

  "I'll be fine. Come on."

   The two of them made their way over to the other side of the room quietly. Lincoln created some electricity in his hands, lighting up a portion of the room. He spotted some of Toby's guards and shot the electricity at them.

      Daisy attacked some more of the guards, and out of the corner of her eye, she saw the rest of the team fighting as well. Simmons was nowhere to be found.

   The team continued to fight, and suddenly a voice rang through the commotion in the dark room.

    "Stop!"

  The lights turned on almost immediately after Toby spoke. They revealed the fact that he was holing onto Simmons, who was unconscious, and a gun was pointed at her head.

   "Put your weapons down," He continued. Everyone hesitated, but obeyed. "Good. Very good. Now. All of you, line up against that wall. Slowly...slowly. You don't want me to pull the trigger on this dear scientist. I won't hesitate, trust me. I don't need her anymore."

    They all reluctantly obeyed.

 "Good. Don't try anything, you're immensely outnumbered. If any of you so much as make a move I don't want, my men fire and all of you die."

   Toby glanced down briefly when he heard a groan coming from Simmons. She was starting to regain consciousness. Toby ignored her and continued.

    "Now, I know I don't need all of you. Perhaps, if I just take over your precious little base, I can get what I need. So, to make sure that none of you interfere with my plans, I'll just have to kill those of you I don't need. And to make it that much more painful, I think that I'll make your  little scientist friend pull the trigger. Oh, that will be fun." He laughed evilly. Simmons had regained consciousness fully, so Toby stopped holding onto her. He handed the gun to Simmons.

   "Who should she kill first? Oh, perhaps it should be the other dear little scientist. I hear they are quite fond of each other."

  Simmons pointed the gun at Fitz. Daisy watched with horror as her finger tightened on the trigger.

  Suddenly she jerked around and knocked Toby down with the gun, then hit him on the head, leaving him dazed. Fitz sprang into action, grabbing an icer which Simmons had kicked to him and took out some of his guards.

    Daisy and Lincoln looked at each other for a brief moment, then began to take out more guards. Out of the corner of her eye, Daisy saw Joey melting some of the guard's guns, and Yo-Yo was also taking guards out.

   Soon, all of Toby's men had been taken out.

      The team pointed all of their guns at Toby.

    "Simmons?" Hunter asked. "How are you- well you? I mean, not mind controlled."

       "Thank Fitz. It was cognitive recalibration," She responded, rubbing her head as she spoke.

  "Meaning....?" Joey asked, obviously confused.

   "I hit her really hard on the head," Fitz replied.

      They all looked at Toby, who was still on the ground.

      "Ah, so you think you have the upper hand do you? Well, let me tell you this. You don't," Toby said. Then, before anyone could react, he shot his hand out and grabbed onto Daisy's ankle.

    All she felt was blinding pain, and she fell to the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~     

*evil laugh* I'm so mean. I'm sorry, but I love cliffhangers.

    Did you get the Avengers reference? I couldn't resist having it  XD

But anyways, just so you know, I'm going to be ending this book soon. I hope you all have enjoyed it.