Alice's Interview Introduction Pt. 1

It was Alice's first time in the agency, and she had trouble containing her excitement. She wandered the halls of the Dreams and Wishes headquarters. She was going to an interview, but she knew she was going to get the position. She could tell just from observing the other applicants in the waiting room. There was a gothic girl with blood red eyes and completely black clothes that looked like she would use her magic for making her human's nightmares come true instead of their dreams, a boy with bright, golden yellow eyes in a t-shirt  and blue jeans that didn't speak to anyone, and a boy with sky blue eyes in white clothes that looked like a magic amateur.

For an entire hour, she annoyed the other applicants with her constant magic doing, talking to herself, and rereading her application aloud multiple times. After some of the other candidates were interviewed, Alice was called next. Her heart beat with each step she took, and it grew faster as she sprinted inside.

There were three important looking people sitting in the room. One was a middle-aged woman with makeup that probably wasn't necessary and long, flowing hair. The second was a twenty to twenty-five year old man with bright, red eyes and was dressed in black. The third was a twenty year old woman wearing only bright colors and with purple eyes that glimmered in the light that came from the wishing star was overhead.

The first woman introduced herself and said, "Hello, my name is Lily, and I am Mr. Dreamur's  assistant. Everything you say to us, will be recorded, and if you seem like someone we could employ, he will see this interview. Are you ready to begin?"

"Yes! Of course!" Alice replied, sounding a little more excited than she meant.

Lily smiled as she asked the first question, "Alright, what is your name?"

"Alice. My name is Alice Wonderlove."

"What do you wish to accomplish at Dreams and Wishes?"

"I want to make as many wishes as I can come true! To help humans feel much happier than they would without me! I want to become a fairy godmother like in the human fairytales!"

"Okay. What race are you?"

"Fairy. My parents were fairy godmothers."

"Hm... Lets imagine that you get the job. Your first star's wish, is to give ultimate power to take over the human world. What do you do?"

Alice thought for a moment and hesitantly answered, "I. . . would not grant that wish."

Surprised from her answer, Lily asked, "Why? Why would you not grant it?"

"Because. . . Because the Dreams and Wishes handbook says that 'All wishes granted must be of good reason'. In my opinion, taking over the human world is not a good reason. Even if the human world is destroyed, it would be a better way for it to go down than it being destroyed by a human because of my doing."

The interviewers wrote down small notes as they whispered to each other. Alice didn't know whether or not this was a good thing. Her eyes watered slowly as she covered them and tried to keep them from noticing.

The man noticed and tried to comfort her, "Why are you crying Ms. Wonderlove?"

"Because. . . Because I don't know if that was a good response."

Lily also tried to comfort her, "Alice, you seem to care much more than the other applicants, and that was a great response. The other applicants told us that they'd grant the wish. You're just different from the other people. That's all."

The interview continued. The interviewers were fascinated with all of Alice's responses. She strutted out of that room more confident than she'd ever been. Even though she wasn't told, she knew for a fact that she got the job.