Chapter 5: Admiring the Scenery with a New Friend

As the three teenagers sprinted through a small forest in Oregon, they all watched as they passed the crystal clear waters of the freshwater lakes, the forever green pine trees, and the sky blue birds readying for a long, weary flight, perhaps across the world.

"Woohoo!" was screamed by Alice as she jumped and tucked her arms and legs in to make the shape of a ball and fell into the water. Victoria stopped and was soon soaked from the gigantic splash of Alice's leap.

Alice had found a swimsuit from a local grocery store. It fit her perfectly, her breasts only slightly showing. Mike refused to get into anything shorter than his usual blue jeans and t-shirt. Victoria agreed to get into a scarlet red swimsuit. Red was the only thing she would agree to wear that was a different color than black.

"Come on in! The water's fine!" Alice yelled, "I've always wanted to say that!"

Victoria replied, "Oh, I think I'm good, Al. I don't swim. It's not that good for my skin, if you know what I mean."

"Same here," Mike agreed.

"Oh, come on! The water's perfect! Please? Who cares if you get a little sunburnt? And you guys need to spend a whole lot more time in the sun! You two are so pale, it looks like you've never been in the sun!"

"I kind of haven't..." Victoria muttered.

"Please, Victoria? I want someone to swim with me!"

"No."

"Come on! You never do anything fun!"

"I do. I read. I write. I do things that are fun to me."

"Whatever..."

Their conversation was interrupted by a young woman around the age of nineteen. "Hey! This is private property, you know!"

"Sorry! We didn't know!" Alice explained from the pond, still floating and breaking through the water.

"Hm... You three have a stranger aura about you..." She stated as she pondered on why they have such a aura and who they might be. "Let me think..."

She pointed to Alice, "You're... Fairy, I believe?" Alice nodded, her eyes widening as se tried to figure out how she possibly could have known.

She pointed to Victoria, "You're a demon, right?" Victoria stood still, as she sensed the woman's aura, trying to figure out what she was, herself.

She sauntered to Mike, "You... Your aura is much stronger than the others, though the demon's is close. You are not demon, but I don't know what exactly you are. Your aura is almost godlike, although you look nothing like how I'd expect a god to, and you dress as a normal teenager."

"You're good... I don't even think I could read souls that well..." Mike informed her.

"I think my kind is special in that way. Come, I sense that two of you are tired and wish to escape the harsh rays of the sun."

"Sure, but... Who are you exactly?"

"My name is Rose Loverbind. I'm a witch, so I suppose that's why I can sense your auras much better than anyone else you might have met before in your journey."

"It's nice meet you, Rose!" Alice greeted her as she stumbled out of the water.

"It's also nice to meet you."

The teenagers spent their time with their new friend, wishing they could stay for just a little bit longer.

"I'm sorry, but we have to go," Victoria stated.

Rose grinned in a polite and shy manner and replied, "Ah, I wish you could have stayed with me just a little longer. Where did you all say you were going?"

"Well, for now, we're just exploring, but our main goal is New York City. Why? Can you help us out? Like give us a map or something?"

"Yes, actually. Also, Mike, what are you? I've been wondering for quite a while."

Mike answered with a deep silence that, just thinking about it, would give chills to the most carefree and unscarable of people.

"Alright then..." I guess it's best if you go. I don't want you three to waste any more time on me than you already have."

"Nonsense. We didn't waste any time with you. We had much more fun than we would anywhere else." Victoria said.

Another grin came to Rose's face. "Thank you. That means a lot to me."

"I bet it does. Bye." Alice replied as the tiny group of teenagers began to saunter away from Rose's cozy cottage and back into the piney Oregon forest.