Chapter 1: The True Beginning

The Dreams and Wishes employees walked inside as if it was an ordinary day of their ordinary job; however, the three new employees were different. Mike still wouldn't talk to anyone, Alice seemed way too excited, and Victoria acted like she didn't want to start, even though she did. They noticed all of them were in the lobby. 

Victoria walked up to Mike and said, "You do dark magic?"

"How would you know?" He replied, trying as hard as he could not to cast some curses on the passing fairy godmothers.

" 'Cause I'm a demon. We're kind of made to know that kind of stuff."

"Finally, someone that doesn't do that stupid goody-two-shoes act."

"I know right?"

"So what are you? I know you're not demon. Definitely not a fairy godmother. You have some sort of power that... I don't know. You just... You just seem really powerful. That's all."

"I'm a demon." He lied. Even though he loved to cause trouble, he still needed some work on learning how to lie. Especially to demons that could tell, like Victoria.

She scoffed and said sarcastically, "Wow. You're such a good liar."

"I'm telling the truth! I'm a demon!" He tried lying again, even though he knew she wouldn't believe him.

"Okay. Okay. Whatever. It doesn't matter that much then. I guess."

Alice sprinted toward the reaper and demon, trying to scare them in a joking way.

Victoria held her hand up in Alice's face and said, "Never try to sneak up on me. I can tell where you are from a mile away."

"How can you do that?" Alice gasped and asked, "Are you a demon?"

"Yeah. How else would I be able to sense you?"

"I don't know. Maybe you a have a crystal and stuck one in my hair?"

"Wouldn't you notice if I did?"

"I don't know. I don't really fix my hair and do makeup and stuff that often." 

Victoria scanned her face and hair. She confirmed that was a lie.

"Oh really? Why are you wearing Blush, Eyeshadow, Lipstick, Eyeliner, and a little bit of hairspray?"

"You must wear makeup pretty often to tell all of that."

"No. I just can tell. I'm good at guessing."

"You're pretty good then."

"I know I am. That's what I literally just now said."

It became awkward, so Alice tried to change the subject. 

"Where's that other kid?" She questioned, even she didn't really care about the answer.

"What kid?" Mike and Victoria asked in unison.

"You know... The kid that also applied for the job? You know? The kid that probably has never done magic in his entire life?"

Mike mumbled, "You mean the angel?"

Alice overheard and exclaimed, "An angel? What's an angel of all things doing here?"

"How should I know?"

"How could you even figure out that he was an angel?" Mike and Victoria stared silently into space.

Victoria once again replied with her usual sarcastic and obvious response, "Magic".

"Well duh"

"What do you mean 'Well duh'?"

"I mean 'Well duh'! Can't you hear?"

Alice asked one more time. She looked like she'd explode if Victoria replied with another sarcastic response. 

Mike lied, "I'm a demon. There. Now you know my big secret. Hope you're happy." He was still a bad liar; however, Alice could never tell if someone was lying. Some could say that the world was ending, and she'd believe it. 

Alice retorted a small "Oh".

Victoria whispered to Mike, "You still need a little work on lying. You're lucky Alice believes everything she hears."

Alice took a glance at her watch and exclaimed, "Oh my god! We're going to be late! Come on guys!" She grabbed her new friends' hands and dragged them down the gigantic and intricate halls. The bells started to ring as they ran inside their new bosses' office.