52: New York City (Part 2)

If you are on a phone or mobile device turn on your ringer. 

Emily's POV

Jen ended up going out with her friends. Josh went and meet a few of his buddies. Taylor, Faith, and I were left in the care of Taylor and Adam. Adam is really nice. He's sweet and Taylor, both Taylor's, really like him.

"Hey, Taylor?" I ask.

"What?" They say at the same time.

"Sorry, hey Ally? Can I play with one of your guitars?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'll come get one down for you," she says leading me back into her music room.

"Thanks," I say as she hands me a red acoustic guitar from the wall.

"Yeah, no problem," she says hopping down from a chair, "I didn't know you could play."

"Well, I kind of can. Before I met Jen I used to play every Sunday well, almost every Sunday, there's a music teacher at a church who would let me sing and play," I answer while taking the guitar from her. 

"Would you only sing church songs?" She asks taking a seat on the piano bench.

"No, I was allowed to sing whatever, before and after church. Sunday's were the best except when I had to work," I tell her while sitting on a high stool.

"How many jobs did you work?" She asks.

"Three part-time, cafe slash restaurant, grocery, and a Starbucks," I say.

"Wow, and did they allow you to have Faith with you while you worked?" She asks.

"Yeah, the cafe place loved her, The grocery store was at night so I typically put her to sleep in the stroller in the break area. And I gave someone free Starbucks to watch her," I say.

"Score, for that person," Taylor says throwing her hands in the air.

"You know now that I think of it, I think once I gave you a Starbucks, and you watched Faith while you waited," I say remembering watching Taylor playing peek-a-boo with my daughter while making some random drink, I can't remember. It was like mid-fall.

"Wait, was that in LA, and I ordered that pumpkin spice latte? And you were the little blonde girl was asking the guy in front of me to watch your sister while you made him three hot chocolates. Then I stepped in and forced you to let me watch her, cause I thought he was sketchy," Taylor says.

"Yup," I confirm. 

"Wow, what a small world. Well, I wanna hear you play," she says taking a seat across from me.

"Um, okay, I'm not that good," I say strumming a few chords.

"Don't say that I bet you're amazing," Taylor(S) encourages.

"Okay, what should I play? Or what do you wanna hear?" I ask going through my old routine warm-up.

"Whatever you wanna play," she says.

"Alright," I say racking my brain for a song, "I could do one I wrote or something else?"

"Ooo! Something you wrote!" She says smiling at me.

"Ok, here goes," I say starting up the intro.

"Wake up, put my feet on the floor

I see colors I've never seen before

It scares me and shakes me down the core

Cause I know for certain that nothing's for sure

(Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooh,