Chapter 14: Nightmares

*Amanda's POV*

I dragged my feet upstairs slowly. I'm so worn out from all of this. I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I look horrible. My cheeks are bruised, my hair and face is stained with blood, and not to mention my smeared make-up from crying.

I walked into my room and grabbed a pair of black sweat pants and a plain white v-neck and walked back into the bathroom. Starting the shower and undressing myself I saw more wounds revealed. There were hand prints bruised on my wrist where that dumbass held me, cuts on my legs from him ripping my leggings and my cuts reopening, and of course my usual cuts and scars. I got in the shower, letting the warm water hit my back.

I walked out of the bathroom and crossed over into my room. I looked towards Oliver's room and his door was wide open. I peeped in and saw him sound asleep, head phones in. Aw, he looked so cute while he sleeping. Wait, did I just say that..?

I closed my door behind me and climbed in bed. A few tears escaped from my eye, I just needed to let this all out. I cause everyone so much pain, including myself. Nearly everyone ends up hating me and never talking to me, that's why I wasn't surprised Oliver didn't like me. I cried my eyes out till I fell asleep.

I woke up screaming and someone holding my shoulders tightly, shaking me. There were fresh tears on my face. I had a nightmare about the crazy drunk. I looked at who was with me. Oliver. Why was he in here?

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"You were screaming in your sleep, I guess only I heard you. I just got a bit worried and wanted to see if you're okay." He looked down at the floor as he spoke.

"Oh, uh, thanks.." I placed a hand on his shoulder, giving him a small smile.

"What were  you dreaming about? If you don't mind me asking.."

"I guess it was just flash backs of what happened tonight. It felt so real, it scared me." I shuddered.

"It's just a dream, don't worry. I know it won't be easy getting over something like this, but you're fine now." He smiled. Wow, an actual smile towards me.

"Thanks, I feel better now. You can go back to sleep."

"Are you sure? I can stay up with you. I wasn't really sleeping anyway..I saw you poke your head in my room earlier." He chuckled.

I blushed a deep shade of red, "I uh, sorry." 

"S'no problem. Are you sure you'll be okay?"

'I'm sure. Go." I gave him a gentle push.

He got up and walked to the door, he stopped and turned around, "Goodnight, Amanda." He smiled.

"Goodnight, Oliver." I smiled back.

Maybe things were getting better after all, maybe what happened to me was a way to bring us closer. Or maybe it was just another bad thing.. I'm not going to get my hopes up on this, though. You can never tell what Oliver will pull next.

I rolled  back over, sighing. I guess I just needed to go back to sleep, stop thinking about everything. My eyes drooped, and I fell asleep..thinking about him.

Sorry this chapter is so short and boring. Kind of just a filler, I guess. I had a bit of writers block so I wrote this. The next few chapters are really good though, be prepared for that surprise. :)